Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's the day!

mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Today's the day!

Today is the day I should get my new Fibre connection. It was scheduled for 30/12 but got cancelled due to some mix up or other  Undecided
To ensure it all goes smoothly today do I need to do anything?
If I understand it right, I should get a text message or email telling me the 'switch over' is done. Will Plusnet have changed my profile to a fibre one by then? I see a few posts on this forum where people don't get the profile tweaked immediately..
Then I think I just need to powercycle the modem for a minute and it should restart with my new wonderful upload and download speeds 🙂
Anything else I need to do?
Thanks
-Mat
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Today's the day!

Hi mlavende,
I've just checked your order, it hasn't completed yet but I'll check again later so we can try and avoid any delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mlavende
Rising Star

Hi Adam,
Was I right in my assumptions then? Nothing I need to do except wait for the text message?
Thanks
-Mat
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Which modem/router do you have?
mlavende
Rising Star

Hi Mustrum,
I have a hub 1 as fall back but currently have a Draytek Vigor 130 modem bought specially so that I can continue to use my Asus rt-ac68u router.
Currently the modem is in adsl mode but I understand it should automatically reconfigure itself for vdsl.
Thanks
-Mat
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Then yes, you assumption above is correct.
Hope you get it soon, and all work's.out OK.