cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of trying

Krossfire
Hooked

Tired of trying

So since moving in to my new property in last year, I have had constant issues with internet dropping out and slow speeds although I've been paying for fibre.
I've been through countless phone calls and made too many tickets to remember regarding this and tonight has been the last straw.
My last contact with plusnet had them send out a new router which was in a boot loop. I've been using a 4 year old router as the new one expired hubs are useless and have not had any up time since plugging them in.
The only thing left is to have an engineer come out and inspect the place.
I'm just sick of paying for a service that I don't have 50% of the time and no progress has been made to resolve the issue. Just line test and reset after line test and reset only to come back and say there's nothing wrong with the line, we don't know what it could be.

At this point I just want to cancel everything and they can forget about trying to sting me with a early cancelation fee after the 8 months of [-Censored-] I've put up with.
8 REPLIES 8
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Tired of trying

If you have received the price rise e-mail it's possible to migrate elsewhere without any early termination charges.

Whatever you do, don't just cancel. Phone and say you are leaving because of said increase, within 30 days of the e-mail receipt, then let the gaining provider do what is necessary.

I've had three Openreach visits because of speed reductions and it's been the same each time, no faults and reset the line. Except for one drop, soon after the last visit,my connection has returned to normal for the moment.

Krossfire
Hooked

It's nothing to do with the increase, of which I have not been notified.
Its the connection. I had no Internet access from 8pm last night and nothing this morning either, router constantly rebooting and I've been through customer support 20+ times. Non of which helped for more than an hour. So I'm really frustrated with it all as its been going on for months. You shouldn't have to put up with connection thus bad and still pay for a "internet service" that is hardly ever there. That's why I'm about to throw it all out of the window and go else where that won't try to charge £85 for an engineer to come out and give the same response to everyone I've spoken to over the phone. "no issue, will reset line".
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Whilst our tests aren't finding the cause of the issues, we can definitely see frequent drops:

If you've tried plugging your router into the test socket I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know over here once you've done so and we'll pick the ticket up and arrange an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Krossfire, 

Can you explain what you mean by a boot-loop? I'm wondering if that's just the router disconnecting and reconnecting. 

From looking at your connection logs the connection is still dropping frequently so if there'e still drops with the new router it would allow us to rule that out as a potential cause but at that point an engineer visit would definitely be the best way forward. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Krossfire
Hooked

Those results are with the router plugged into the test socket, the master socket flack has been off for weeks and the issue has not gotten any better. If you look at my call logs and staff notes you will be able to see we have done everything possible to try to resolve the issue. If I do get an engineer out I want someone to make sure I don't get charged as this has been going on since I've moved in and I don't want to be paying even more to possibly sort the issue with no guarantee
Krossfire
Hooked

And by boot loop it continuously drops and resets the router, once the router has booted up it disconnects immediately and reboots the router etc etc. Boot loop.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Wow, what did I do?

I was only responding to your last paragraph where you indicated that wanted to cancel and avoid any payments which you aren't prepared to pay!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If I do get an engineer out I want someone to make sure I don't get charged as this has been going on since I've moved in and I don't want to be paying even more to possibly sort the issue with no guarantee

Unfortunately I can't guarantee that, but I can confirm we only pass a call-out charge on to you on the basis of the below:

If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice.

We're very stringent on accepting a call-out charge from our suppliers as if applicable we'd pass on to you a portion of the charge we in fact receive. Ideally we'd like to avoid a charge entirely and the checks you've done will help that.

From looking at your account I understand you've tried a replacement Hub One?

If that's the case I'd recommend raising a fault so we can arrange an engineer to investigate this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet