Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timescale from Green box install

dragona
Grafter

Timescale from Green box install

Howdy all,
I don't have FTTC in my area yet we're on BDUK roll out plans for this month and just seen that the new cab has gone up next to the current one that im connected to which happened over the weekend it comes complete with a giant square of shiny new tarmac in front of it, i'm just curious typically how long is it from seeing green cab to live date is it i realise it will vary from cab to cab but i cant seem to find anywhere that details what each step is for the network build entails.
Any info would be great also sorry if this is in the wrong forum Sad
-Ash
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Timescale from Green box install

My experience - flaming ages  Angry
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Mine was finished 2 weeks early a nice surprise in this day and age but I think it's rare.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Ash,
In my experience, OR are usually contracted to a specific date to allow us to start accepting orders. As a result of this, it's usually irrelevant when the cab goes up.
Though in S10 (where I lived a couple of years ago) I saw the cab pop up about six months beforehand. I really wouldn't treat this as a form of timescale either way.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mine arrived 2 years ahead of the announced date Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dragona
Grafter

oh wow, really?
Looks like i'll have to cross my fingers since were such a small area 😕
I was actually surprised to see the green box so close to the roll out  start date
-Ash
brueton
Grafter

In my case the FTTC cabinet was installed on 13 June 2014, it started accepting orders on 8 July 2014 and my FTTC was installed on 17 July 2014. BDUK Surrey.
Pete
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Mine was around 6 months, and I was the first connection on the new cabinet!  In that 6 months, every so often there would be a little bit of activity as they connected up the power, pulled through the fibre etc...  There where a load of other cabinets in installed in the area around the same time (+/- a couple of months), with them seemingly enabled in a different order to them appearing.
My parents cabinet appeared a couple of months after mine, but went live about a month earlier.  Most days I checked a load of different phone numbers to see if they could get fibre.  It was quite interesting watching them popup at different times.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

beaky32
Grafter

Hi all our exchange has an enablement date of end of march for fttc
However I can't see any green cabinets anywhere in our village, or between our village and the exchange, which is about a mile or so away...
Should they be visible ?
Cheers
Leighton
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Try putting your number in http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
What does it say at the top about which cab you are served from
That is the one you need to find as the FTTC cab - when they put one in - should be next to it
In my case it was well and truly hidden in the undergrowth and bushes
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@beaky32
There's no date showing at the moment I'm afraid. Your connected to Cabinet 1 and from looking at Openreach's site your exchange is classed as coming soon.
As OldJim has stated the best way to check for availability is to use the BT Dsl Checker every now and then to see if any dates pop up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
supernova1
Grafter

Hi dragona,
My cab was installed Nov 2014, then a period of no activity.
The eng'said the fibre would be installed in a few days (hopefully) and quote ....."things havven very quickily after this  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
ATB
SN
beaky32
Grafter

We are being enabled under the Superfast Cymru initiative..
Cabinet 1....the exchange is a mile away, and I am not aware of any cabs in between...
Thanks for your replies