Timeout waiting for PADO

FIXED
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Timeout waiting for PADO

Hi

Anyone got any suggestions for this? I'm in sync but not able to get a PPP connection. The router logs (TP Link TD9980) are giving me this error:  ppp0 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

It looks to have gone offline around 9:30 this morning looking at my Thinkbroadband BQM, but no one was in at the time to have noticed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7 REPLIES 7
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Timeout waiting for PADO

I should also have said that I've tried bt_test@startup_domain with the same outcome.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

It means that you don't have any connectivity from the street cab to the rest of the network.

Had happened a few time recently on here.

Could be a stuck PPP session in which case it will eventually time out and the connection will start working.

Could be an equipment failure, in which case there is likely to be more than you offline.

Another user on here, had the issue because the port in the fibre cab wasn't configured properly.
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If it is indeed a stale session. Try reconnection with your correct username, and an intentionally incorrect password.

Then correct the details and try again.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks guys. My ticket has been updated and there is a fault detected aparantly.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

From a local Facebook group, it sounds like there are quite a few people affected by this. BT Consumer have given someone a fix time of 19 hours!

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Just for completeness, It all came back to life again last night.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

That's good to hear Phil!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet