Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout waiting for PADO packets - for 'unsupported' customers

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Timeout waiting for PADO packets - for 'unsupported' customers

Had the misfortune of wasting an hour of my time on the phone to Support (mostly waiting) to be told twice this error was peculiar to my router & that I was 'unsupported' if I wasn't using a Plusnet router.

There must be lots of us 'unsupported' customers out there Roll_eyes

Anyhow as my router had power cycled all of a sudden due to a power cut & and my VDSL connection was up & I just couldn't get a PPP session (according to my router logs) I immediately thought a dead PPP session & remembered in the past Support just clearing it. Not these days!
1st they ran a line test (why? my phone line & VDSL connection were fine) before moving on to the 'you're not supported' stuff & low and behold my PPP issue resolved I assume due to the dead PPP session auto dropping or a temporary PPP authentication problem Plusnet's end resolving.

Maybe this will be useful to any other 'unsupported' customers out there that face this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Timeout waiting for PADO packets - for 'unsupported' customers

Its not a router error, there have been two instances of this problem on the support forum in the last month. 

Both with different causes. One was caused by an equipment failure in the Openreach network, the other was caused by the port not being activated properly in the Street Cab.

The error means that there is no connectivity from your connection in fibre cab to the rest of the Openreach network.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Interesting. My line was mysteriously totally cut off for about 12 hours a couple of weeks ago & OR denied fixing it.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@southerner wrote:

Had the misfortune of wasting an hour of my time on the phone to Support (mostly waiting) to be told twice this error was peculiar to my router & that I was 'unsupported' if I wasn't using a Plusnet router.

This is rather disingenuous of Plusnet, as supply of their own router is an optional item when a customer signs up; although they can't be expected to be familar with every third-party router, they equally can't totally refuse support IMO.