cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout establishing PPP again (fault 97715196); reoccurrence from yesterday :(

TimStephenson
Grafter

Re: Timeout establishing PPP again (fault 97715196); reoccurrence from yesterday :(

Thanks @11110_110 - guess that wouldn't help... although surely we'd be seeing poor performance once connected too?
Once the PPP sessions are up everything's fine. Line performance seems pretty normal for the connections and we've not noticed any significant degradation in terms of speed.
Just seems to be a major issue getting a PPP response back / establishing a session ?Huh
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Timeout establishing PPP again (fault 97715196); reoccurrence from yesterday :(

Thanks for that info.
With regards to both lines our systems are showing that there's a degraded service in the area which is due to be resolved by the 23rd.
This will prevent us from raising that further until that's been fixed but it will be interesting to see if the issue continues afterwards.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Matthew - is this related to the capacity issues at the Norwich exchange by any chance?
Will keep everything crossed that PPP stays up for now Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It will most likely be yes.
They may either add extra capacity on the kit your connected to or move you to another one.
We'll see have to see what happens. I dont think the two are linked but I have seen stranger things happen
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Fair enough! Would it be possible for someone to let me know when the work has been completed please (or point me towards somewhere I can check?)
I'm a little loathed to intentionally drop PPP on one of the routers at the moment just in case it then takes 4 hours to reconnect 😕
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere you can check yourself but I've set a reminder to myself to check on Friday.
I'll drop a update on here if the work gets completed early or if anything else changes.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Matthew - appreciated Smiley
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi Matthew, just for info more than anything, our router resynced this evening around 19:40 for some reason. Although there didn't seem to be any reason for sync dropping, on the positive PPP was reestablished without any issues or delays Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Interesting.
The degraded service is gone now so I'm assuming they've resolved that issue.
I'd say keep a eye on it over the next few days to see if the issue crops up again.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team