Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #187361444 still no response

ikilby
Dabbler

Ticket #187361444 still no response

Hi,

I raised a ticket on Monday # as I cannot get to my static IP. I have done a trace route and it seems it is getting stuck in Plus.net's network.

Can someone investigate it please.

Regards

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Ticket #187361444 still no response

Hi @ikilby,

Thank you for getting in touch. I can see that you have raised this as a ticket to our higher level escalations team and this is currently in their pool - their lead time is five working days so you should receive a response from them by next Monday.

I can see that you've mentioned that this issue occurs when you try to connect your router to your static IP address when using a VPN. We will do our best to assist with this but please be aware that we are very limited in terms of the support that we can give with VPNs. Do you have any problems with connecting when not using the VPN?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ikilby
Dabbler

Hey Emily

thanks for the response.

I cannot ping or even get a successful Traceroute to that IP. As it is supposed to be a static public IP address I should be able to I believe - no VPN should or is involved at this point.

Without being able to get to that IP, I cannot even contemplate using an VPN

Regards

Ian

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ikilby,

Thank you for confirming that. As this is the case, it may be that there was an issue with the static IP address that you were on.

I've reconfigured the static IP component on your account to move you onto a different static IP. Please reboot your router to allow this to change on your side and let us know whether you continue to experience any problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ikilby
Dabbler

Ok thx.

However I am in the US and cannot access my router remotely so my internet will be dead until I get home. My son is going to moan Smiley

I will reconfigure my router over the weekend and see how it goes.