Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throtted at 40mb after fault

FIXED
chrislacey
Grafter

Throtted at 40mb after fault

Hi

my speed dropped last week or two to 42mb, after originally being 50-55ish for years

After having a fault reported BT engineer came Friday and found a fault in the cabinet, he switched ports and now i can see my port is ECI with firmware D086 (so its newer than the older B206) it was. I'm using a Cisco 887va router.The engineer said something about ringing India to have the port changed and he said he thought they had done their work.

My download speed on checkers including the wholesale one is exactly 40mbps, the wholesale checker says the speed should be upto 53 profile so the speed is not all the way across the bar to the max.

My line is now synced at 55mb. after contacting plusnet they said i'm on the unlimited fibre and i need to upgrade to unlimited extra, which i did and it has gone through today. the line speed says 80mb on plusnet's portal, but its still 40mbps download.

i reported it as something is still wrong to plusnet, but last time it took them a week to reply from the faults team. anyone got and help with what is causing the throttling.

thanks

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Throtted at 40mb after fault

Fix

Sorry to hear that.

I've made some changes which should sort this.

Can you retest the speed?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chrislacey
Grafter

Re: Throtted at 40mb after fault

Sorted, thanks very much Matthew for speedy reply