Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson Technicolor interm red power light fault

FIXED
mrvi999

Thomson Technicolor interm red power light fault

Hi there,

So I have the old standard Thompson Technicolor router-plugged-into-Openreach modem FTTC setup, and over the past ten days I've been getting  abruptly slow speeds, then connection drops and the red power light coming on on the router. Sometimes it takes 3-4 power cycles for the router to come back up to green power light, and sometimes it'll drop in about five minutes, other times lasting hours before slowdown and drop.

The router's been running faithfully as-is for years, and all the cables have been checked repeatedly. Googling on the topic suggests it means the router may very well be on its way out - and as I'm a housebound disabled person, having working broadband is almost literally a lifeline.

My question is, am I right about it being on the way out given how long it's been going on, and should I be bugging customer service for another router/hub? (Obviously, if someone from CS has input on this, I'd really appreciate a new router if it's going to die a death sometime soon)

Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Thomson Technicolor interm red power light fault

Fix

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

If the power light is intermittently flashing red it does sound like the router is on it's way out.

Unfortunately as it's out of warranty I can't just order you a new one but if you speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 they'll be able to send you a new router out if you take a new contract.

Alternatively there's nothing stopping you using a 3rd party router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mrvi999

Re: Thomson Technicolor interm red power light fault

Thanks Matthew!