cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This line has jumpers in place???

Dodger21
Grafter

This line has jumpers in place???

I’ve not seen this before on the BT broadband availability checker it says “This line has jumpers in place”
Can anyone tell me what jumpers? Or is it something that should be ignored.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: This line has jumpers in place???

There is a thread elsewhere on this (but I don't remember where). Basically, it's the fibre jumpers that are still there (if you are on ADSL). It's nothing to worry about and can be ignored.
edit: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139778.0.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Dodger21
Grafter

I am on Fibre but as long as there is not an issue that’s OK. I had not seen it before hence the question.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It popped up a couple of weeks back I think. It's handy to know for people wanting fibre.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
deathtrap
Grafter

I from personal experience wouldn't place much reliance on the availability checker  or it's estimates being accurate or up to date
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

My ADSL checker on one line now says "This line does not have left in jumpers" which as I've not got, nor had, Fibre on this line makes sense. I guess it's referring to the tie-pairs between the PCP Cab and the Fibre Cab.
deathtrap
Grafter

It also will only show the info about jumpers if you input the telephone number,
Anotherone
Champion

Umm, well since the quoted bits refer to "This line ......" that's hardly surprising. Not going to get line specific info from the postcode nor probably the address!
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
. It's handy to know for people wanting fibre.
  FYI AO Was why i thought i would clarify it a bit more ,lol As if the comment was meant in the context of those who are planning on moving home
Anotherone
Champion

But I'm mystified as to what difference it makes to the end user dt. Any service still has to be setup and provisioned by Openreach. If the jumpers aren't there, they would be put in place surely?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As far as I'm aware it's relevant more to House Moves.
Say for example a customer was on FTTC then moves to a different property. The line is then ceased however the jumpers are left in place.
If the new tenant moves in and also wants FTTC they should be able to complete the order without a visit to the cabinet (As the jumpers are already in place)
On the other hand if the new tenant just wants ADSL the jumpers will need removing for ADSL to work. I'm not sure if this would delay a order as I haven't come across this yet but it's just a theory of mine.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team