cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This isn't acceptable (router rebooting for no reason)

demonix01
Grafter

Re: This isn't acceptable (router rebooting for no reason)

Nothing has improved with the connection and to be honest I tried to raise a fault using the link provided previously but I'm now fed up with trying to complete it since it's asking questions that don't matter like is the power light on the BT modem on when there isn't a BT modem connected now since I'm using the hub one, so I would rater the fault be raised for me since I don't have the patience to deal with your diagnostics checklist since I don't even keep a phone connected to the line at all times.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Demonix,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing and for the inconvenience caused.

We would need you to report the fault from your side as we require confirmation that you have completed the troubleshooting checks before we can progress this for you. I'm sorry that some of the questions refer to the Openreach modem and I'll pass on feedback about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

I've raised a fault as of a minute or so ago of posting this with mention of the frequency of the loss of connection.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for raising the fault.

We've picked this up for you and we'll update the open ticket shortly.

If you can post back here once you've responded we can get that picked up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

I've updated the ticket and also take note of the date I've specified regarding any appointment that is to be made as I'm currently ruling out if the plusnet hub one developed a fault in the two days it took for this connection drop issue to start.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'll get this picked up for you shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

Having been back on the old openreach modem + F2704N for just over 3 days I've only noted one instance of a loss of DSL sync at the modem although it wasn't for long enough that the router to register a disconnect as the uptime hasn't reset (unless it doesn't reset) so I'm going to need another check for any connection drops (as long as losses in DSL sync are logged as physical drops in the connection, although I know that the only loss I noted was at around 4am on Thursday 14) to fully rule out the hub one I received as the source of the problem.

Edit @ 5:06am 17/2/19: I'm 100% certain that this isn't a fault with any internal hardware as I had another loss of DSL sync at the openreach modem around 10 minutes ago, so I will be calling up on Monday to get the appointment sorted since I didn't request a morning slot.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @demonix01,

I can see that my colleague Matthew has arranged for an engineer to investigate the cause of the drops, which has been confirmed here.

Please let us know how the visit goes

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

The engineer did turn up and did appear to fix a fault (along with resetting my profile) and I've now had a further 2 disconnects (one a few minutes ago and the second around 4 hours before that) which I'm not sure if the problem hasn't been actually fixed or if it's the line sorting itself out and trying to settle on a stable speed as I'm starting to lose patience that this issue if it's still present will take ages to be properly fixed and what has happened has just made things worse.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @demonix01.

I've run further testing on the line and am still detecting a similar level of disconnects to prior to the engineers visit.

Due to this, I've rejected Openreach's report that the issue is resolved and they're now investigating further. In my experience, at this point, they're more than likely going to request another engineer visit and so I've updated your ongoing fault ticket with a request for availability (just in case).

If you can let me know via this thread when you've responded to the ticket I'll be able to get onto Openreach right away to see what they're wanting to do.

demonix01
Grafter

Ticket has been updated although I'm hoping that it is unnecessary since it does appear that the fault is at the cabinet considering the length of the disconnect I had when the engineer was doing his tests there.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just added an update to the fault ticket for you. Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187283134 - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

Unfortunately, things have gotten even worse and I'm certain that this internet connection is now useless for almost everything that requires constant access as over the previous 6 or so hours I've had a total of 5 connection drops so unless openreach have someone poking around at this late hour trying to fix this problem I am extremely not impressed with what has been happening since it's going to disrupt my streaming activity.

mattboam

Remember to ask for some money back when it's finally sorted! Good luck
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @demonix01,

Thank you for your patience during our investigation of this fault. I have reviewed your fault this morning and raised an update via the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've responded to the ticket so that we can pick this back up for further investigation as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team