cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This isn't acceptable (router rebooting for no reason)

demonix01
Grafter

Re: This isn't acceptable (router rebooting for no reason)

I would suggest looking any anything that would cause a loss of DSL sync since even though everything was status quo about an hour ago with uptime at the time at over 4 days and 6 hours a connection drop occurred a little over half an hour ago and the following two entries from the router logs (that happen at exactly the same time) would lead me to believe that the PPP session ends because the router has lost DSL sync (which is what I experienced when I went back to the old setup even though over the few days I did test there was no logged termination of the PPP session probably because the loss of DSL sync wasn't long enough for the router to notice and issue the termination).

PPPoE is down after 6156 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 7 -​ Down)]

PTM over DSL is down after 6157 minutes uptime

As for the question asked, the computer is connected by wire directly to the router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Ah fair. At this stage all I can really suggest is to monitor things and if your connection continues to drop we can re-engage our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
demonix01
Grafter

It appears that the connection drops have gone back to their usual frequency as I've had two drops today thus far and to be honest, there's going to be no point taking this back to openreach as I'm just going to get the same spiel over and over again until I push the matter as this is most definitely an issue with DSL sync considering what the logs are telling me.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @demonix01,

I'm very sorry that your connection is dropping again and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. Sadly, testing your line still isn't picking up the cause of the fault from here and we would need to arrange another engineer visit in order for this to be investigated further, and we would be able to raise the escalation further with our suppliers due to the number of previous engineer visits.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 39.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 959.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-05-10T08:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 36.9 Mbps 42.5 Mbps 40.7 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.6 Mbps 6.7 Mbps 6.6 Mbps
Up Time 873.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-05-17T10:37:37Z 2019-05-17T10:52:37Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

Please excuse the delay as I've been a bit busy and it most likely isn't going to change for a while yet (at least until I know when one major item is going to happen), but once this has blown by I will be arranging the next appointment and this is going to be the absolute last time before I take this to the ombudsman service (things had been "stable" over the past few days until the internet dropped at around 9 in the evening and then again around 2 hours ago during another stream).

Also the issue with intermittent occasional high ping in games is still occurring and was more noticeable during my Saturday night to Sunday morning stream when I was having major issues with massive lag spikes as attacks weren't happening or taking ages to actually respond, so I did two sets of tracert on both the computer that was running the game (which I had closed as I didn't want to be messing around with moving from the game to the desktop and back) and on the secondary that was handling stream data can chat management and as such I could only do screen grabs of the results (also I would mention the amount of dropped frames shown on the other program that was running as having that amount of dropped frames has been unheard of as I would rarely get less then 1% of frames dropped during a stream and it would normally be 0%) which I have attached.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @demonix01,

I'm very sorry that you are still experiencing problems with your connection and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. Please get back in touch when you are ready to book another engineer appointment and let us know if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
demonix01
Grafter

Things have gotten worse as I in the last few hours I've had the hub reboot itself for no apparent reason (there was nothing in  the log that shows the reason for the reboot) and more recently a connection drop.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @demonix01,

I'm sorry that your connection dropped last night and for the inconvenience caused. I've tested your line but, unfortunately, the test still isn't picking up the cause of the issue from here:

Please let us know when you have your availability for another engineer visit and we'll get this booked for the earliest suitable available date for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team