cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is ridiculous

DeeAJay
Dabbler

This is ridiculous

We are now using (and paying for!) another service so we can access the internet because Plusnet's service is too slow and unreliable. And currently, we have no Plusnet service at all. It's been off for at least half an hour, so it's not the usual dropout we experience a few times a day. We have no phone either. What's going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: This is ridiculous

Have you reported a fault ?   http://faults.plus.net/ 

DeeAJay
Dabbler

Yes, I have reported a fault. For all I know, the current outage may be related to the testing they're doing. If only they would keep us informed. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@DeeAJay wrote:

.... We have no phone either. What's going on?

You obviously have a POTS network fault that is totally unconnected with the wireless problems that you have been having. As the phone's out you need to report a phone, not broadband problem. If you run the phone trouble shooter it shoud automatically raise a fault ticket. Jump through the hoops here:   https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

DeeAJay
Dabbler

I've reported a phone fault. Thanks for the link. 

Ztodd58

I’ve thought about doing the same (paying for another), mine is also slow and unpredictable. Seemingly they don’t guarantee wireless Wi-fi speeds and say I should connect to the router 🤷‍♀️
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Ztodd58  Welcome to the forum.

If you have a problem then why not start your own topic, you will find the link at the top of every board? Tell us what service you are on, the hub that you are using and your problem in as much detail as you can, including any tests that you have done. You might get advice that solves the issue.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'