cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL and SOGEA VDSL services

BNE12

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL and SOGEA VDSL services

Hi There

Along with a number of other people I am having the issue of my local cabinet being over capacity meaning I cannot order fibre from Plusnet. 

I currently have fibre broadband provided by nowtv. My question is; when I leave NowTV and that port in the cabinet becomes available is it a matter of first come first served or is there a waiting list which I will join the end of?

I don't particularly want to stay with NowTV but if I will just get added to the back of the queue I don't really want to risk going back to ADSL.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

'FTTP is not available.

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL and SOGEA VDSL services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.'

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL and SOGEA VDSL services

Thanks for your post @BNE12

Most ISP's (us included) won't show fibre as being available to yourself if there is waiters list at your cabinet even if you are currently on fibre due to the way our supplier's systems work.

You could theoretically sign up on ADSL and then request an upgrade to fibre however there is no guarantee that another customer won't snap up the port that would be made available by you downgrading.

The best way to keep your current fibre service is to monitor your line until the capacity issue is resolved and then sign up with another ISP the same day.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team