cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Night of congestion

g3uiss
Grafter

Third Night of congestion

This is the third night of poor speed and high latency on my circuit. I'm not raising a "Ticket" because :-
a) They never get answered unless a helpful PlusNet Person here chases them
b) My sync speed is 24657 and IP Profile 23870 which is exactly what I would expect
Is there going to be a solution to this by PN or should I ( and I suspect more) migrate to another ISP (I'm out of contract)
Graphs to support the above provided. BBC pings less than 13ms during normal day
NB Speeds excellent and Latency fine outside the evening window
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Third Night of congestion

Can you run the next stage of the BT Speed Tester (it has a 'continue button' at the bottom)? It will give you a test account login.
g3uiss
Grafter

Andy
Couldn't get it to run the TAP3 test. However the PPP drop has now given me PCL-BNG01 which is giving Latency of 12ms on BBC.co.uk and speeds at just under 23Mps see below. I was on PCL-AG01. It has to be Gateway / Routing congestion ?
Is this the answer drop the gateway every time it gets slow / congested ?
Tony
joclark
Grafter

HI, is it just happening on the BBC.co.uk website, I ask because I have seen in the last few days since the whole Jeremy Clarkson fiasco they have had issues with people bombarding the website. Especially on the Iplayer.
If this is still happening you could potentially have a fault on the line. Have you raised a fault ?
Thanks Jo
g3uiss
Grafter

Nothing to do with BBC at all. I just used as a ping example.
It was fine last night after I jumped gateways, I cant tell until tonight. I don't think its a line fault at all. I monitor my line stats and they are fine.
I don't want to raise a fault for the reasons at the beginning of the thread. Basically days go by and nothing happens
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i have said several times before BNG gateways are awful for gaming and avoid them if i have to  swap gateways , which i do frequently so i get a  good gateway for gaming.
i can be on one for several days with no problems and then it goes bad so i swap gateway again until i find a  good one
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
joclark
Grafter

Hi, my apologies.
So tonight of this happens again could you please do a disconnect/ reconnect. Could you please let us know if the speed increases / decrease. Also could you do a think broadband speed test before and after you do the disconnect reconnect.
Thank you
Jo
thesawdust
Grafter

I'm currently on BNG gateway, I can't say it effect my gaming.
I was on a PCL gateway and it was awful and slight latency increase during peak and slight slow down. I wouldn't say it's as bad others I have seen on here.
All this congestion malarkey is very confusing, am I just the lucky one?