cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of upgrading to Fibre Unlimited Extra - are upload speeds actually better?

ashj2

Thinking of upgrading to Fibre Unlimited Extra - are upload speeds actually better?

After experiencing the throttled upload speeds of Fibre Unlimited I'm tempted to upgrade to Fibre Unlimited Extra now that it's on offer. I see that both packages are advertised as 19Mb - 20Mb and I can't find the 'real' upload speeds listed anywhere on the website.

Does anyone know if the upload speed of Fibre Unlimited Extra is actually better and if so, what is the maximum they offer?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
stoswald
Grafter

Re: Thinking of upgrading to Fibre Unlimited Extra - are upload speeds actually better?

I'm on Fibre Extra and the max upload is 20mbs, I get 18.5mbs 300m from the cab

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Thinking of upgrading to Fibre Unlimited Extra - are upload speeds actually better?

The Unlimited Extra is 80/20. I thought new customers were now offered 38/2 for Fibre unlimited.

I'm on Extra and get 18.6mb/s upload when I do a speedtest. As usual it does depend on how near you are to the cabinet.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
stoswald
Grafter

Which router are you using?

I'm using the HH5B instead of the PN1A, both report slow speed on the single thread.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

TP Link Archer C9 1900. The speedtest is wireless on the 5GHz band. It's wired via the standard OR modem which I've found to be very reliable and fast. So much so that in the early days I went and bought a much recommended modem, only for it to stay in its box as a back up. One thing I have done though was to dump the USB WiFI stick. I found it very prone to dropped connections etc. I bought an internal Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Network Card with its own external aerial. Connection has been totally solid since and the increase in synch speed was the icing on the cake. Currently 866.7Mbps.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@ashj2 wrote:

Does anyone know if the upload speed of Fibre Unlimited Extra is actually better and if so, what is the maximum they offer?

Hi @ashj2 

Welcome to the forums.

To see what speed you can be expecting then you need to go to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=... and just enter your phone number.

This will give the estimated speed range for your telephone line.

Plusnet publish in their Terms and Conditions from the section called "Here's The Legal Bit" at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

† Fibre broadband speed is described as 'up to' because your actual download speeds will vary. We'll give you the best download speed available on your line, with up to 76Mb download speed and 19Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre Extra, and up to 38Mb download speed and 1.9Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre. This is dependent on your location, phone line, home wiring and time of day. We'll provide you with a speed estimate when you check availability of our products.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT