cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of moving from TT to Plusnet. Is it worth doing it?

GTXEliam

Thinking of moving from TT to Plusnet. Is it worth doing it?

Hello,

I have been with a TT 76mbps package for quite a while now, I have 2 months left on my contract with them and I can honestly say that I can't wait to leave.

Uppon signing with them I was the first who got connected in the cabinet which is 30-50m away from my house, exchange is just 20m further from it. For the first month or even for first two weeks I was maxing my line speed which was 79999mbps/19999mbps - obviously DLM kicked in and started to throw me up and down like a ship. I went down to 75 and was back to 79 after 32 hours of uptime. I spoke with support, they did all the tests and told me that there are errors on the line which basically meant that DLM is adjusting my line to fix these errors.. Now around 3 weeks ago Openreach visited outside my house and removed the old pole and installed telegraph pole. On that day my speeds dropped to 56/19. I once again contacted the TT and they sent out a engineer which came within 24 hours (as the exchange is just nearby..) and fixed the cable inside the black box which was installed faulty on the telegraph pole. My speeds went back upto 74 and they have been like this since then.

I did some refurb in my house and had to disconnect the router which triggered DLM and it took me down to 71 which is below my guaranteed speed. Once again on the same day TT said that it is all good and this time there are no errors on the line, so clearly DLM is doing its magic..

I have been all over the place now with TT and I am just leaving end off.

TT and Plusnet are using the same infrastructure, why would I join Plusnet, is there anything different?

I have also added my line stats and promise from TT when signed up. Promise was 78-80, it has changed now..

3 REPLIES 3
pureedfruit
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Thinking of moving from TT to Plusnet. Is it worth doing it?

AS you make clear:

• your problems are very specific to where you live
  • PN and TT are both using the same network, and
  • TT customer service is responding to your issues.

So what to you expect to gain by moving ?

I would certainly stick with it for the remaining 2 months of your contract and see if it settles down.

GTXEliam

I am not sure what was I expecting realy..

My only hope and everyones is that they remove this DLM for once and forever probably.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Agreed dlm is to sensitive and doesn't work for all lines it causes nothing but trouble for a lot of people