cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of joining Plusnet fibre? Read this...

BobRegis
Dabbler

Thinking of joining Plusnet fibre? Read this...

Thinking of joining Plusnet fibre, read this.
I moved to Plusnet fibre at the beginning of December. BT engineer installed fibre and left.
Almost immediately I noticed that there were constant disconnections where there was no internet.
Spent a total of 75 minutes on the telephone to be eventually told that yes there was a problem and that they would investigate. Apparently they had logged 8 disconnections which was above the 3/day allowed.
Told that this would happen within 72 hours and that someone would be in touch with the outcome. The customer service agent was surprised when I asked for a reference number as he "guaranteed that someone would be in touch".
72 hours have passed, still getting disconnections and now in a one hour queue to speak to them again.
What have I learned?
Do not believe what Plusnet say.
Always demand a reference number.
Be prepared to be on hold for a long long time.
Don't join if you are into cheesy 90s pop as the hold music will drive you mad!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
BobRegis
Dabbler

Re: Thinking of joining Plusnet fibre? Read this...

Update
Surprise surprise, after 23 minutes on hold have now been told that the ticket is still sitting their and has not been picked up.
An email will now be sent to the faults team and this will be investigated by 12pm.
No reference number, lots of assurances. The only thing I have is that someone called Chris will check that this is looked at.  But of course if he doesn't there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
Big sigh.....
Their logo should be:
Plusnet its pot luck if you get any customer service!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is there a ticket on this page: http://contactus.plus.net ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Like you, we switched to fibre... service was connected just a few weeks ago.
No major hassle... yes i get a disconnection on average once a day but thats it - no big deal and certainly not enough to slag plusnet off majorly.
You've got unlucky yes, but i'll bet you got a better TV reception than i have  Tongue
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!