cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Switching to Fibre

Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Thinking of Switching to Fibre

If switching packages, can PN guarantee a minimum speed for the line like BT can in my area?
For example their 80MB offering states
You could get 71-80Mb but a minimum guaranteed speed of 63Mb
Thanks Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Thinking of Switching to Fibre

On any package, you should receive speeds in line with the estimates/fault threshold for your line.
While I would like to say speeds are guaranteed, if the speed is lower than the bottom of the estimate/fault threshold we can then raise this with our suppliers to investigate.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I don't believe any ISP can guarantee a speed on a FTTC service so I would take BT's guarantee with a pinch of salt!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is what I get for my phone number
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
Time to ring CS I think and see where I get to then Smiley
BT are on rocky ground if they state guarantees on their website so they might well be able to guarantee that speed if they take into account distances from Cabs etc who knows Smiley
In theory then I should see the same speeds through PN?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Look at the modified picture - you missed the little asterisk
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

even with BT saying the minimum is a estimate and the other stuff underneath about other impact factors they still come across confident enough that you will get that minimum give or take a couple of Mb other wise they wouldn't bother stating a minimum in the first place and just state the range.
BT are kind of digging a bit of a hole for themselves,  would they even go as far as getting Openreach out to meet that target I very much doubt it but who knows.
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Oh I don't doubt it's a hole they are digging for themselves and I am frankly amazed that they are offering that guarantee to within 1-2MB as well but if they can guarantee then that is quite cool