Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things are looking up

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Things are looking up

Well they put the cable onto a pole outside of the house well over a year ago, the box a few weeks back and now, we have a sign! Things are looking up and hopefully we'll be connected before the end of the year...... but I'l not hold my breath given that BT said it would all be up and running my March 2015.

Until then, internet speed above 5Mbs? In my dreams. Sad

IMG_2021.JPG

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Things are looking up

According to the Openreach checker you'll have it within a month although it could be delayed further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Minivanman
Legend

Then I'll live in hope Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

At least you aren't on a Exchange Only line Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Minivanman
Legend

A quick look at that Openreach checker shows that FTTP is now available at my address from either BT or Zen - so why nothing from Plusnet.  Am I missing something and if I so, why has nobody informed me?

Thumbs_Up

Herman Melville
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Probably because Plusnet don't retail FTTP and AFAIK BT and Zen are the only 2 ISPs to actually retail the FTTP product.

It's only offered by Plusnet on a trial basis to existing customers. You can sign up HERE 

FTTP trial FAQs are HERE

Also it's probably best to use the FTTP Trial forums in the future

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/bd-p/FTTPtrial

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it would appear that the only thing looking up here is @Minivanman at the telegraph pole saying "I'll have some of that".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MatthewWheeler - What's wrong with EO lines, as I have these.

Minivanman
Legend

Well application for trial is not working because my mobile number is being rejected as invalid whatever way I enter it so....

Is there another route or am I wasting my time as it does seem from reading that forum link you gave folks are chasing their tails!

Herman Melville
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Don't give up yet, it can be a bit of a struggle getting on the FTTP trial but well worth the effort if you can get it, I have heard about some mobile numbers not being accepted, not sure why. Try posting on the FTTP trial forum mentioned by @DaveyH but you will probably have to wait till Monday for a response. The delays you may have read about on that forum are almost always due to BT Openreach messing up orders and appointments but they generally sort it out eventually.

Minivanman
Legend

For some reason when doing the 'application' it would not accept my mobile number. Chat guy had the same problem so now he's passed it through to whoever so fingers crossed.

Herman Melville
Mav
Fixes: 514

@Minivanman wrote:

Then I'll live in hope Thumbs_Up

I waited a couple of years for fibre to finally be available in my cabinet.

Shocked to find that the fibre speed will be about half of what I get on ADSL2Cry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Legend

I wonder if the intention is to one day make all homes directly linked to fibre, or will those copper wires like lead pipes be with us for a good few years yet?

Herman Melville
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

while BT make money from ancient copper wires, there is not any need to renew them Sad

some of their copper wires are older than me Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

WOW ..... you old git