cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The story of my order.....bit of a long one, but so has the wait been.

ltroonster
Hooked

The story of my order.....bit of a long one, but so has the wait been.

Heres my story

I ordered plusnet fiber on the 15th of DEC 2016 paid upfont(£257) and was given an installation date of the 5th of Jan 2017, I then booked the morning off work for the 5th and waited.

Then a little later that same day I then received an email stating that my order had been cancelled due to a system error, and another email an hour later apologising and telling me it had now been reordered and "not to worry" so I again waited.

Then on the 19th of DEC I received an email to say my question was on hold until the 21st (I hadn't asked anything at this point).

On the 21st I receive an email telling me 'an order to install has now been made and will be confirmed shortly'....so I again, waited. I was also offered 1 month free connection for the delay at this point...with hindsight that should have got me worried.

On around the 23rd btopenreach arrived at my house (luckily I was at home as this wasn't a booked appointment) they installed a line into my house and told me its now a case of them filling in their report and should only be a matter of a day or two until I I was online. 

On the 1st of Jan I sent a question to ask for any update when I could expect my installation.

On the 3rd of Jan I got a reply that a check with SMC had advised a date of the 11th Jan for an update.

I think at this point I phoned plusnet to ask directly what the situation was, and was told that there is a fault with the line, and this question was now on hold until the 11th of Jan.

So I waited...

On the 6th Jan I received an email advising me that a fault had been found on the line that requires an engineer and me to be at home, and the earliest this could be booked was the 20th of Jan.

At this point I sent an email to support advising of my frustration of (to be honest) being fobbed off.

To which i received a nice email advising me that its booked for the 20th of Jan and if I were to miss the engineer it would cost me £49.99 for another.

So.......yeah, you got it ...I waited.

The 20th of jan comes, the engineer turns up does some tests and tells me there's a fault on the line, to which I reply .."oh dear"

He then toddles off down to the exchange as I'm very close to it anyway( hence why I thought fiber was I good idea) comes back and tells me that it turns out the exchange have wired me up to the wrong house number, and the problem is on their end, they now know about it, and it will be corrected in a matter of hours and I will then be online.

So ...yup I wait the weekend.

Monday the 23rd jan still no dial tone on my phone line. I then phone plusnet again, after waiting 20 minutes finally get to a genuinely nice chap who after looking though my notes tells me there's a "appearenly a fault on my line". I resist the urge to giggle, and explain to him what the last engineer had told me, after him phoning his 'supplier' ( who I guess is BT open reach?) Tells me I need an engineer visit and I have to be at home luckily he can get one for the  23rd of jan (tomorrow)

So ...I'm waiting....with fingers crossed.

I'll update tomorrow....hopefully,  5 weeks so far what's another day?

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: The story of my order.....bit of a long one, but so has the wait been.

Hi ltroonster,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us first of all.

Having taken a good read through the notes on the account and the updates given by Openreach it appears that the main point of failure has been getting the engineer with the right skills to you to get the necessary work done.

I will admit that I think we could have been clearer in some of our updates to which could have set a better expectation with you so I'll get some feedback passed on about that.

Thanks also for your patience and restraint in how you've dealt with this so far and I'm glad to see one of our more experienced provisioning agents gave you a call to update you yesterday.

Sincerely hoping all goes to plan with the visit this evening, I'm on shift until around 8pm so please feel free to post back here if there's any issues as I'll get notified and get on the case for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ltroonster
Hooked

Hi Adam

Thanks for looking into this for us, its much appreciated.

Unfortunately had an email this morning to tell me today's appointment has now been put back until the 26th PM...so after working a 12 hour shift last night and getting up extra early, I neednt have bothered.

But hey oh...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Disappointing to see that, sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll ask the same chap who gave you a call to check the appointment for tomorrow and make sure an engineer with the right skills set has been booked.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ltroonster
Hooked

Ok thanks, I'll update this tomorrow with good news...hopefully using me new fiber broadband Wink

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fingers and toes crossed!

I'll set myself a reminder to check in with you after the appointment.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ltroonster
Hooked

After the Openreach guy turned up today with instructions to install basic broadband not fiber..I thought it was going to be a long afternoon (your request to get the right engineer seems to of fallen on deaf ears). But he was very good he went out of his way to make sure he got to the root of the problem.
He checked the green fiber cabinet and found that what the last sub contracted engineer had told me was a load of nonsense, we were not connected to anything at all in there.
However not being a fob you off and
Disappear kind of guy (as was seeming to be a trend), he corrected this and it now seems to work and I'm online. My impression of plusnet customer services after waiting nearly 6 weeks, is unfortunatly not one of wonder though, more one of..does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?
Have I 'Been done proud'?...
I don't know.

Sincerely
ltroonster