cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Worst Ever

richardaylin

The Worst Ever

Slowest speeds ever known. I could cope if it was slow all the time. But no every so often it just cuts off completely.

Tried an online chat and got cut off. I object to having to sit for hours on the phone.

How bad does my internet need to be before it's accepted that we are not getting what we are paying through the nose for?Huh

Seriously think we are being totally fleeced here. Disgusted.
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: The Worst Ever

Are you testing wired or wireless?

What are your routerstats?

What does dslchecker say your estimated speeds are?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there, welcome to the forums and I'm sorry that you're having problems with your connection.

I've checked your line and until Wednesday it was dropping out very often, did anything change at that point?

Your actual line is testing ok, the router is connected to the cabinet at the full speed for your package without any issues being detected:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 355.1
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-05-20T09:30:00

If you can let us know how the connection is performing on a wired connection we'll be able to advise further.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
richardaylin

We have not changed anything since we installed the Broadband.  We only really use mobile devices to connect.  We occasionally connect via our PS4, but it is across the other side of the house from the router and so there is no way we can really test the wired connection. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If you're still having problems, I'd recommend tackling this from a WiFi perspective, because the tests we're running are identifying no problems from your exchange to your router.

Here's a handy guide: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richardaylin

The router is in as good a place as any (and connected to the main phone line input).  Not sure what else to check really.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If you have a smartphone or tablet it would be worth trying a WiFi scanner app such as WiFi Analyser to check which channel your router would be best operating on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team