cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Return of Poor Latency

rbz5416
Grafter

The Return of Poor Latency

Firstly, where have "Questions" gone? I can no longer find previous tickets.

Edit

Found where the questions have been buried. Previous ticket 182142978.

On migrating to Plusnet in August I had ongoing latency issues. This was finally solved in September when the connection was moved to a less congested VLAN. Although that did introduce another problem in that speeds where slow to achieve full rate & Wholesale refused to address.

My connection has been getting progressively worse & I've just had a look at the latency history. It appears that something happened on the 1st November & has been a constant issue since. Here is the result of Think Broadband's monitor on 31st October. Notice that there are no latency issues in the early hours or the afternoon when the line is idle.

Latency 1018.JPG

By contrast here is a typical graph of every day since.

Lantency 0119.JPG

Can a ticket be raised for investigation please?

1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: The Return of Poor Latency

Hi @rbz5416, testing isn't flagging up any problems, however that's not to say there's not an issue somewhere.

If you've already been through our troubleshooting guides, I'd recommend reporting the issue over at https://faults.plus.net so we can get this raised with our suppliers for further investigation.

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be able to get the ticket picked up for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet