Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BTOR engineer didn't arrive!!!!!!

FIXED
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

The BTOR engineer didn't arrive!!!!!!

I've waited in all morning for my promised BTOR engineer to come & fix my slow broadband fault & guess what, NO ENGINEER!!!Angry

12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: The BTOR engineer didn't arrive!!!!!!

They may well have found the problem at the cabinet or exchange and have no need to visit your premises.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

They have zero concern for user's time, but will impose penalty if you're not in

for an O/R Engineer appointment.

tijara33
Pro

Hopefully he'll magically appear on Monday afternoon! Thanks to K in customer service for your help.

tijara33
Pro

Thanks Strat, so why do I still have the fault, as confirmed just now by PN????

Shep41
Seasoned Pro

Maybe us customers should charge BTOR £65 for a missed appointment. They charge us if we miss their appointments. Or is it one rule for us and one rule for them????
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Openreach don't charge you for a missed appointment, Plusnet, Sky, talk talk ect do.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Shep41 wrote:
. Or is it one rule for us and one rule for them????

In a word - Yes. Unfair contract terms, what's that?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

tijara33
Pro

This morning (Sunday) my internet disconnected 6 times in just a few hours. As you may assume I'm not happy!!!Crazy3

tijara33
Pro

The engineer arrived unannounced at lunch time & did some work at the cabinet & also repaired a faulty wire connection outside my property. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the fault. He then tried to run a special BT test facility but this was out of action.

He left after 3 hours & will return first thing tomorrow morning. Onwards & upwards.....hopefully.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi and thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't attend when expected and has been unable to fix the issue so far. I'm pleased to hear that he has arranged to reattend your property first thing today.

Please keep us informed - we're happy to liase with our suppliers on your behalf if required.

Best wishes,

Dave

tijara33
Pro

The engineer returned this morning & after a lot more testing through BT he decided to phone Plusnet who told him that my line was capped. The cap was removed & now all is working correctly. 

For my future information, is it the norm that when there is a fault PN will automatically cap the line? If so, I'll remember it for any future problems because this engineer wasn't aware.

That apart, I'm absolutely delighted at the way this has been resolved. Thank you all. Smiley

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi and thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

It's absolutely not the norm that the line is capped when there is a fault, however, the software on the line may have done this in an attempt to stablise your connection - clearly this didn't work!

I'm really pleased to hear that his is sorted. Thank you so much for your patience whilst we got this resolved.

If there's anything else that we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Dave