cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for reporting your broadband problem Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service

FIXED
benq42
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for reporting your broadband problem Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service

3 minutes ago

Post optionsOptions

FAQ 11 days now and still not getting speed ,this needs sorting out and my first bill

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 1.05 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 1.83 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service

22 REPLIES 22
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Thanks for reporting your broadband problem Our tests have found a fault with your broadband ser

Hello benq42, welcome to the forum.

It's a shame that you have waited so long before posting this. Have you upgraded from ADSL?

My suspicion is that your Current Line Speed is still at an old ADSL value, if you could login and check it and post back the value. It will need a member of the Plusnet Help Team to update it for you.

benq42
Dabbler

Re: Thanks for reporting your broadband problem Our tests have found a fault with your broadband ser

have not waited this long reported it and still slow .

Thanks for reporting your broadband problem

Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service.

You've given us all the information we need about your problem, we'll raise this to our supplier for investigation.

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team to monitor the problem and we'll be in touch when we have an update for you. In the meantime:
1.Leave your equipment plugged in and powered up.
2.Make sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on (we'll keep you updated about your problem by text message).

If there's any change to the problem you're having please get in touch with us...signed up went live 11 days and slower than my old standard broadband supplier which pulled 17 meg all day every day.plusnet is a joke and should not even try to charge my first bill,quick at taking your money not quick at sorting probs out

benq42
Dabbler

** INTERNAL **28th april

KBD
GEA Test Detail

Circuit ID: N/A Service ID: BBEU21889123

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1500
Description Potential fault detected in copper network. Continue submitting trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status Out Of Sync
Downstream Speed 0.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.0 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Target Fix Time
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status Unknown
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
Bridge Tap
Radio Frequency Ingress
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise
Cross Talk
Profile Name
Time Stamp

Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate Mbps Mbps Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate Mbps Mbps Mbps
Up Time Sec Sec Sec
Retrains

Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2016-04-28T12:49:52.447+01:00 2016-04-28T13:04:52.447+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 900 0

Engineer NotesFault looks to be at cabinet,

Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Our suppliers have arranged to move you onto a different circuit 6th may

Tap 1 testing fails.

VP is red. Echatting QA to see if possible to move to alternate VP

SFBB00014778 Kings Lynn 4 Under investigation .one long joke don't expect to get first bill payed as not getting service

Anotherone
Champion

Actually I said

It's a shame that you have waited so long before posting this.

I also asked a few other questions to which answers could be helpful in giving advice

Have you upgraded from ADSL?

My suspicion is that your Current Line Speed is still at an old ADSL value, if you could login and check it and post back the value.

However, those GEA test results are intriguing as you seem to 0 speed/line rate ...... yet you got download speed from the tester Shocked so it'd probably be a good idea to check some basics in case there's something very basic happening -

A decent quality working line not prone to interference is needed for good quality broadband.
Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? Try the Quiet Line Test 17070 option 2 if need be.
Do you have a Master Socket similar to the one on the left? Is it fitted with either of these?
Do you have any extension phone sockets - hard wired or plug in, and what is normally plugged in where? Do you use any extension leads between the phone socket and filter or filter and modem/router? If you use them, do all your Microfilters look similar to this?

Which Modem/Router are you using and where is it plugged in?

Note: all the red underlined words are links to click on.

benq42
Dabbler

the 0 speed was when went live but was not connected at the cab had open reach call at house next day checked in house then went to cab and connected line .did all tests on my line in house and said all good and pulling 40meg.with an hour of him going was lucky to be getting 2 meg.then told my line is conjested so will go over to diff line .same probs now 11 days its not in my house as every thing checks out not on wirless all hard wired

Anotherone
Champion

Did YOU ever get 40Mbps or anywhere near it?

And as you can't even answer my questions just to check it's nothing silly, just saying -

its not in my house as every thing checks out

does not help, so I'm just wasting my time. You may as well wait until a member of the Plusnet Help Team comes and look at this.

benq42
Dabbler

plusnet admit there is fault there end and not internal to home

benq42
Dabbler

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
1.49 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.49 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
1.73 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.73Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

Anotherone
Champion

At that time of day that result suggests that it's a profile issue not congestion. Have you checked  your Current Line Speed ?

By the way, you should make sure your bill is paid on time otherwise it will cause more problems than it's worth such as restricted access, continual prompts to pay by card, continual redirection to such reminders etc. You will get some compensation for the lack of service when it is fixed.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Ben,

Our suppliers changed you to a less congested circuit. I have also made a change to your profile.

Are you ok to perform a wired speedtest and let me know the results?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
benq42
Dabbler

speed test on wired connection .still not good getting fed up now 12 days

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Download Speed
6.31 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.31 Mbps
Additional Information:

Upload Speed
1.85 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.85Mbps
Additional Information:

Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for picking this up @MattyC

benq42
Dabbler

speed is so slow its a joke

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Download Speed
0.49 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.71 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.49 Mbps
Additional Information:

Upload Speed
1.53 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.53Mbps
Additional Information:

Anotherone
Champion

Can you check your Current Line Speed now, that might be important (login required).