cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test socket not working - and can't update ticket!

sp2k

Test socket not working - and can't update ticket!

Hi,

I have problems with my line speed that is below MGALS and raised a ticket (185914697). The latest is that I need to connect to the test socket, which I did, but lost internet access completely with the orange flashing broadband light (tried restarting etc). Any thoughts on why this may be?

I would have replied to the ticket but the option to add further info has disappeared since the last Plusnet response! Sad

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Test socket not working - and can't update ticket!

It’s either a damaged test socket, filter or finger trouble.

Does it work if you put the faceplate back on?

Are you first plugging a filter into the test socket? 

If you have a filtered faceplate and you are using a spare filter have you got another you can try?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sp2k

Hi, thanks for your reply Baldrick1 - in response to your questions;

Does it work if you put the faceplate back on? Yes

Are you first plugging a filter into the test socket? Yes

If you have a filtered faceplate and you are using a spare filter have you got another you can try? I have a filtered faceplate... the original microfilter got lost a long while, so I purchased a new one that I'm using.  That's the only one I have but it's brand new so I wouldn't suspect that to be the issue.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Sorry but it's perfectly feasible for the new filter to be dead on arrival. Have you got a friend or neighbour who could check it with their connection?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're having issues and unable to reply to your support ticket.

This is a bit odd, it looks like the ticket is broken in a way I've not seen before. We're also unable to take any action on this ticket as well as not able to see half of the adviser's response. Sad

Unfortunately there's not much I can do to fix that, but I've made a new support ticket as a workaround since you won't be able to raise a new fault online until the existing broken one has closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

Based on the information you've provided here, I've also progressed the fault forward. You can view and hopefully reply to the new ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=186272746

Regarding the test socket not working, this can happen occasionally if it's not properly wired up.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet