Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test requests

FIXED
supernoodles
Grafter

Test requests

hello i would like to request the following if possible.

A GEA Test to make sure everything is good with my line.

A check for what profile im currently on and also a check on what my DLM is up to.

I was once upon a time able to get 40-43 down but recently i seem to be stuck at 36/37.

My line has been stable and up for 74 days now and i'd assume i should have had a resync for my DLM after my speed being lowered due to some resyncs a few months back.

My max data rate on my router shows 43738 and current data rate is 36554 so i assume my line can go a little further than it is doing right now.

Also how up to date is this info? https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate it says my current line speed is 39.6 but im at 36.5 right now

Also i noticed i havent had a firmware update since 2017 and my brother just got a new router from yourselfs that is on a newer one?

Thank you in advance for any help

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Test requests

Hi @supernoodles,

Thank you for getting in touch. I've tested your line and it's currently syncing at 36.6mbps and your connection profile is set correctly to up to 40mbps down and 10mbps up - it appears that you were at one point at an 80/20 profile which explains why the line has previously reached around 43mbps rather than being capped at 40mbps:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 36.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.3 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 964.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 18:45 to 07:15
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 14
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-02-14T15:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 36.5 Mbps 36.5 Mbps 36.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.3 Mbps 6.3 Mbps 6.3 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-02-27T15:02:53.614+00:00 2019-02-27T15:17:53.614+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

The speed estimate for your line is 29.2 - 40mbps so you may be able to get a slightly higher sync speed if you run through the troubleshooting guides here, though this isn't something that we'd be able to guarantee.

The current line speed link from the member centre shows what the connection profile is set to on your profile. This used to be the limit of the throughput speed that a customer can achieve however this now only has an affect for customers with a static IP now that we've moved customers to our new network. You have a dynamic IP so this value won't affect your connection in any way. Sorry for any confusion caused and I'll pass on feedback about this being on the member centre.

In terms of the firmware update, we can update the router details on the account which should allow the firmware to automatically be pushed through to your router within 48 hours. Please can you confirm the router's serial number so that we can update these details on the account? This will start with +081441+

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
supernoodles
Grafter

that's great thank you Smiley

my serial number is [Removed]

Thanks for all your help

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @supernoodles,

Thanks for providing us this information. I've updated this to match our records on our side and we'd expect the firmware update to be pushed through within the next 48 working hours. If it doesn't appear to have updated after this period of time, it would be worth rebooting the router to see if this helps to push it through.

If you experience any further issues, or if you have any queries that you'd like to raise with us, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
supernoodles
Grafter

thank you is there any current issues with the firmware i will be receiving?

Also in the router stats page for example it shows my noise margin for my upload is exactly 6.0 so thats perfect but my noise margin for my download is currently 6.9 which i assume is because my line wants to do more than the 36 it's doing (shows max data rate is 43) as shown in the screenshot i've attached

my upload max rate is 6300 and current upload rate is 6300 so perfect 6.0 noise margin

my download max data rate is 43722 current is 36554 so my noise margin is at 6.9 i assume the way the noise margin works is below 6.0 means line is working at lower than expected and higher is the line can do more than it currently is?

Also back a while ago i had an issue with my line where above a certain speed any call to my landline would cut the internet off so an engineer capped the speed to around the level it is at now but that issue is now resolved can you check with openreach to make sure there is no capping applied to my line at all? or if possible they could reset my line's DLM because i believe it may be stuck and i should be getting higher than i am now

Capture.PNG

as seen noise margin higher on download because speed is lower than max where as upload noise margin is perfect because the speed is where it should be (max line rate)

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @supernoodles

Thanks for coming back to us. The firmware build you'll receive is currently being rolled out to all users (over time) and has no known issues.

Just to answer the points you've raised and offer some reassurance - your line isn't capped. The DLM/SnR margins that we're talking about would have little to no impact on a fibre connection - as Emily has advised in her previous response, the sync speeds you're experiencing are well within the estimates we'd expect for your line. To confirm, you won't get above 40mb/s as your package only allows speed up to 40mb/s - the higher sync speed you experienced previously was due to you being on a different profile, as Emily has noted.

For want of a more elegant phrase, your connection is absolutely fine. If we raise this to our suppliers as a fault, it will be rejected on the basis that your sync speed is at the top end of your estimates and no external faults/factors are affecting your connection.

You may get a slightly higher speed if you connect to the test socket (as per Emily's post) but in all honesty, outside of that suggestion there's little else that I could recommend in terms of raising your sync speed - you're already at 90%+ of your estimates.

Best wishes

Dave

supernoodles
Grafter

update never came through gave the router a reboot earlier speed increased YAY went from 36.5 to just under 38 so thats always nice lol

Hopefully the update will come through soon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm glad to see your speeds have improved. Regarding the firmware update, at a guess based on you've said the firmware hasn't been upgraded since 2017, I suspect you're on firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2?

If you were on any older, a factory reset of the router would normally push an update out within a couple of days, but for that version I believe we'd need to upgrade you ourselves which I believe we're in the process of doing for everyone not on the latest firmware. If you're having any particular connection issues, we'd be happy to make an ad-hoc request for an update.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet