cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible wifi signal and broadband connection and speed less than half of what it should be

Col11

Terrible wifi signal and broadband connection and speed less than half of what it should be

Has anyone else lately experienced very poor  broadband speed and signal ,mine has become so bad  to the point that it has made my mobile switch from my home broadband to its O2 4g connection and my normal speed of 38Mbps is dropping to single figures and my upload which is around 9Mbps can become the higher of the two.Ive been with Plusnet for years and to be honest I've had very little issues over the years but my goodness at the minute I seem to be getting all those years at once .My sons cannot use his xbox without games freezing or stopping and as I've already mentioned my wifi has at times dropped so low my phone goes to 4g signal .At times when I check it on BT wholesale broadband speed check it just achieves minimum ok speeds but mainly terrible speed,plus as well as slow the wifi signal drops of stops,I'm losing patience and confidence with my service ,I've even split signal as instructions of engineer so 2G and 5G are separated, I've reset router ,what's going on Plusnet ,please help,how long does router last ,could it be that?, even if I try a wired connection sometimes its slightly better but more so it's not.At a time when your broadband is needed ,it let's me down.,its called unlimited fibre broadband but the fiber goes to service cabinet then copper into my house  yet the fiber connection is about 25 foot from my front door ,I am at a lose folks any help appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Terrible wifi signal and broadband connection and speed less than half of what it should be

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'