cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible upload speed!

bowlinballhead

Terrible upload speed!

I moved house 2 months ago and brought my "Unlimited Fiber" package with me, estimated at 40mb down and 20mb up.
In my old flat I was getting around 12mb upload which I was happy with.
in my new house I am getting only 1-2mb upload at best!
I contacted support through chat and was told I had to phone up, I've spent an hour on hold this evening only to be told that my upload speed is capped at 2mb and i need to upgrade to the next package to un-cap it and potentially get 20mb. Yet the website says nothing about this 2mb cap, the site even says I am on is 40mb download and 20mb upload package.
Here's a screen shot of it
I am at my wits end with this and really disappointed with plusnet.
I've been a happy customer for almost 5 years until now.
10 REPLIES 10
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Terrible upload speed!

They only offer 20mbit upload now on the full 80/20 package, which they are also reluctant to give out unless you can get significantly faster than 40mbit download.  Other wise its 2mbit at best.  But not sure if a house move would retain the existing package type or whether its a regrade/change in package.
So check through you ticket history and see if you agreed to keep your existing 40/20 connection or downgrade to 40/2 on the house move.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
bowlinballhead

The ticket raised for moving only mentions the "40mb unlimited package", no mention of upload speed or a downgrade. Looks like I agreed to start a fresh contract with the "same" package, they just changed what that package was without telling me. Stay classy plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

If he OP was on 40/20 before the change to 40/2 took place then they keep that speed regardless if they make a new deal or move home both result in a new contract but that doesn't change anything the OP should be getting higher then the 2Mb upload.
once again it's the system not doing what should be happening or Plusnet agents ignoring  what should be done hard to say which, hopefully one of the CRT will make an appearance and sort it out.

bowlinballhead

I was on 40/20 before the move, and had been for a while. The customer support tech told me i shouldn't have even been on 40/20 then and that my previous setup was a mistake...(even though 40/20 was the contract i originally had!)
bowlinballhead

Frustratingly when I was organizing the move I asked the plusnet chap arranging it if i would be getting comparable up/down speeds and he said it was all dependent on the line. no mention that I would be capped!  Cry
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: bowlinballhead

That's the important bit, regardless of what you're being told you appear to have solid evidence that you are on the 40/20 product and should NOT be capped at 2Mbps upload.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bowlinballhead

Quote from: w23

That's the important bit, regardless of what you're being told you appear to have solid evidence that you are on the 40/20 product and should NOT be capped at 2Mbps upload.

Yeah, I was trying to explain on the phone that the website was telling me i was i should still be on 40/20, yet the tech kept repeating "you do not have a premium service, you are capped at 2mb, you must pay to upgrade to get 20mb upload"
bowlinballhead

Running through mu tickets i found these two which state I should have 20mbps upload...
http://imgur.com/n3kbxqQ
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I was on 40/20 before the move, and had been for a while. The customer support tech told me i shouldn't have even been on 40/20 then and that my previous setup was a mistake...(even though 40/20 was the contract i originally had!)

Well whoever told you that was talking complete tripe.
bluesky

I've suffered a similar situation, upgraded from adsl to fibre, am capped at 2Mb upload, and the product upgrade page shows my estimated upload speed as 13.9Mb for fibre. I sent a private message to one of the PN team and am waiting for a response. I would advise and encourage you to do the same, I think many PN customers have been misled by the information on the web site, The greater number that complain may stir up a response.
I also notice that any one raising this issue on this forum is ignored by PN, I think they are sweeping it under the carpet.