cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds

sharoncook
Hooked

Terrible speeds

Paying for unlimited - should get 38 to 40mb, guaranteed 30.9😂😂 ha ha, getting 6.85, 9.15 and 9.5on 3tests. Turned all devices off - plugged 1laptop straight in * still bad - 9.5,tested different router, straight into plate - no difference, tried to log ticket, off for maintenance-sny suggestions other than moving ?
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Terrible speeds

@sharoncook Try following this :-

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband (obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab from your router would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Terrible speeds

Hi @sharoncook,

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case. I've tested your line this afternoon and we're not detecting any faults, with the downstream sync speed currently reaching the router at 40Mbps. We're also not seeing any drops in connection and that it's been online for a while now. Though you'll have to forgive the cliché, please could you try turning the router off for about 30 seconds and then back on again, to see if this improves things? If you're still experiencing issues after doing this, I'd ask that you please attach the results from your next speedtest, so that we may review the case further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
sharoncook
Hooked

Terrible speed again

I am constantly being told the line is ok and it's not . Can anyone help? I have changed router, plugged directly into router no change.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Terrible speed again

@sharoncook  as per your previous post, if you answer the questions and explain in a bit more detail people could perhaps help. Alas fault finding using mind reading has not yet been developed as far as I know.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Terrible-speeds/m-p/1827287 

sharoncook
Hooked

They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
"Alas fault finding using mind reading has not yet been developed as far as I know." If I'd asked for sarcasm I wouldn't of bothered. Pray tell what's it like to be perfect?
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

@sharoncook you haven't given us much information to go on. What fault do you have. I.E poor speeds, disconnections from the net ?
We are here to try and help, but need some background information!
sharoncook
Hooked

I have the screenshots if someone could tell me where I can upload
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Humour comes in many different forms, just trying to lighten the mood.

But as you asked the same thing a few weeks ago, but did not answer any of the questions, it is hard to see how we can help you.

A PN member of staff tested you line which was fine, as you say yourself - so I am guessing your problem may be a WiFi one.

Like you, I am a customer, not perfect, but perhaps with a little more IT/Telecoms knowledge than you, which I am happy to share - but I and others need you to help us help you.with more information about your setup and how you are testing - up to you.

sharoncook
Hooked

Hence the question I posted where is there a button to upload screenshots of speed
Mustrum
Community Veteran

If you are using a PC, there are buttons above the reply txt to Bolden, Italics and so on, add URL.s and pics.

Failing that, try copy and paste.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @sharoncook, thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having speed issues as of recent.. When testing your connection from this side currently I can see we're seeing the full 40Mbps download and 10Mbps looking to reach your router with no signs of errors or underlying issues.
Can I ask then, if you run a wired speed test whilst no other devices or application are using the connection (as this can skew results seen) what do the speeds come in at?
I look forwards to hearing from you.