cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds

Denzle
Grafter

Re: Openreach engineer

Thank you for your input kind Sir. I'm at a loss what to do next. The OpenReach engineer spent hours down here today, he even carried out a "Lift and shift" in the green box as well as changing the facia plate on the phone socket in my premises (which was replaced in Nov. 2019 anyway). It all points to either the router or an issue at the Plusnet end of things. At the moment I'm still running at 21Mbps which is adequate but not what I'm paying for. A full report has been sent to Plusnet from OpenReach service dept with their findings. Just hope it gets resolved. Thanks again. Denzle

Denzle
Grafter

This reply was for the attention of RealAleMadrid. Thank you Sir.

Andy2020
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Terrible speeds

Same here, my old supplier was faster wish I had never moved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Denzle I've been looking into this for you and I've added a reply to your thread Here. In summary, just reboot your router and you should see a download speed closer to 40mbps. 

[edit]

@Andy2020 We'll respond to your other thread shortly, could you refrain from cross posting across multiple threads as this doesn't really achieve anything apart from make it difficult to help both you and others by causing confusion. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
matphoto
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD  and @Gandalf 

New Plusnet Hub One deliivered and very promising. Over a few hours has got progressively worse. Please see BT spped test result.

Mat

28021840_hubone.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mat, I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line tonight and the tests are showing the following fault "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network." While generally local network refers to Openreach's, for this type of fault location we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Can you respond to your ticket 198905717 or the text I've sent with some availability when you'd be free?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
matphoto
Grafter

This is a BT test on the 29th Feb 2020 at 12:45 

29021245.jpg

matphoto
Grafter

And this was checked on my phone, so which is right and which is wrong.IMG_1860.jpg

Berzons
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Try DSL Reports speedtest. I believe that's quite accurate.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mat, it's possible both results are right. The fault with your connection can have a tendency to make your speeds intermittent. I'm booking another engineer visit for you and I'll reply back to the ticket and text you've sent us shortly. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
matphoto
Grafter

@Gandalf The BT engineer has been and he says he has done his tests and can find nothing wrong on the line. He says he does not understand why I have to have a stable speed, I told him that is my choice and not up to BT to not sought a problem. He does not understand that I am paying for a service that I require, and not dictated by BT. He said that in general that the speeds people get in general is around 50Mbits, and when I showed him going back years That my speed was always around 70 Mbits he said that most speed testers are run by bots when I showed the most recent results from BT Wholesale he said he does not understand those results and would not rely on them.

matphoto
Grafter

Taken at 03/03 15:00pm

03031500.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the overview @matphoto 

We've not received the engineer's report yet but based on what you've said I'm sorry for the advice you were given. If your speed is not stable then by definition, that's a speed fault and in addition our testing was showing "Impairment in copper joint detected" before the engineer visit so there definitely seems to be a fault somewhere.

I'll check back when the fault has been passed back to us so I can retest your line and we'll go from there. If the fault still exists I'll get this escalated with our suppliers before we arrange another engineer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet