cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds

matphoto
Grafter

Terrible speeds

Terrible speeds for ultimate broand package and this has been like this for a couple of weeks.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9022717535 

27 REPLIES 27
matphoto
Grafter

Re: Terrible speeds

And this is a BT test.  Supposedly on ultimate broadband

bt-test.jpg

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
matphoto
Grafter

No it has not been fixed. I have a ticket in #198688397 but no body has got back to me to tell me an appointment has been arranged. Like they said they would. It is now beyond being a joke!!!!!
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @matphoto

Thanks for getting in touch - my apologies for the delay in responding.

I can see that my colleagues have now booked this in for you for the PM slot today and that they've flagged your ticket for review tomorrow following that visit.

If there's anything that you need in the interim, please just let me know.

Best wishes

Dave

matphoto
Grafter

Openreach engineer

Engineer just been but speed limits have not improved it looks as though my ip profile is all wrong for Unlimited Fibre Extra with static address added............Mat

After-enineer.jpg

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Openreach engineer

Looks like you have the same problem as AndrewD in this thread.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-80-20-speed-expectations/m-p/1707842#M107010 

Sadly no response from staff so far.

The old plusnet line speed profile is still active when you have a static IP and it seems it can get stuck at 21Mbps.

This can only be fixed by Plusnet, it was pointless sending an Openreach engineer out.

Edit; Looks like @Gandalf has sorted it now.😀

matphoto
Grafter

I am now looking to go elswhere for a provider when I can get a good deal I will be off. Completely fed up of Plusnet.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Two topics from same OP merged

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @matphoto,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this fault is causing you and for the delay in getting back to you on here. I can see that you have now replied  to advise that your speed has improved now that you have changed to a different router but it still isn't running as fast as it should be.

From looking at your account, it would appear that @RealAleMadrid is correct and the speed profile on your account is limiting your speed due to the static IP. I've adjusted this now. Please reboot your router and let us know if your speed doesn't improve. Though, just to confirm, the engineer visit was necessary in this case as your connection was also dropping frequently prior to the visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Denzle
Grafter

I'm in a very similar situation regarding my download speeds, dropped from 36Mbps to a rock solid 21Mbps. Could somebody please check my line or provide a resolution. Thank you.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @Denzle

I am sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

I can see that a fault has now been raised via a ticket on your account. Our faults team will be in contact following the engineer appointment. Should you have any further questions, please let us know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Denzle
Grafter

Hello KatieC

The OpenReach engineer has just left my premises after almost 4 hours carrying out diagnostic test. They eventually  connected to the OpenReach server and that delivered 37.04Mbps. The engineer has carried all tests and is satisfied that the OpenReach system is healthy. I'm still only running At 21Mbps when connected to Plusnet. The engineer has emailed Plusnet with his findings. Any further assistance would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

Denzle

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Denzle  There have been posts recently where the current line speed (a Plusnet profile which is not normally used) is defaulting to 21Mbps and restricting speeds, it is only supposed to affect users who have paid for a static IP but I have seen a thread recently where it affected a customer on a dynamic IP address. I think this may your problem, unfortunately not a lot of the support staff will know anything about this so sending an engineer out will achieve nothing. You can check your current line speed on the broadband tab in your member centre account.

edit : Have look at message #7 in this thread.

matphoto
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD  even though there has been an increase in speeds with my new router, I have had numberous drop outs today and more so this evening.

Mat