cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service (stuck with slow speed)

gunster
Dabbler

Terrible service (stuck with slow speed)

Thanks plusnet, new customer here, migrated from BT as my speeds around 5mbit down & 1.25mbit up just to be told by customer services there is nothing they can do as my cabinet is so far from the house but they cannot connect me to a new cabinet thats outside my house, which is strange because 3 of my neighbours are on it that i know about.

Id like to hear back about this, ive called customer services plenty of times but get sisconnected., clearly plusnet do not do you prouud, maybe a few posts on twitter might make good for some potential customers that are thinking of comming here.

Clearly you are not meeting the contract as stating what my estimated speeds should be.

7 REPLIES 7
gunster
Dabbler

Re: Terrible service (stuck with slow speed)

Thanks gor the reply Plusnet, just as i thought, your service stinks, yes i will be leavng.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Is this not the same issue you were complaining about in May 2016?

Has anything changed since then? Have you moved?

Does the DSL Checker suggest you should be getting higher speeds?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues, and apologies for the delayed response. While we aim to reply over our community forums as quickly as possible, unfortunately our this platform isn't an instant response tool. 

Unfortunately we can't arrange for your line to be moved to a closer cabinet, it's something our suppliers won't do from a request from us. They'll from time to time do live to live migrations moving lines in bulk but again we can't request this.

Regarding the speeds you're seeing they're on target for the rate your router is in sync at(7.8mbps) but as they're below your speed estimates of 16.5mbps we can progress this as a fault with our suppliers to investigate further.

Line tests are showing a "Loop (Rectified)" which is essentially a short circuit somewhere and is likely the cause for the speed problems you're experiencing. This kind of fault condition is usually caused by internal wiring, a router or a microfilter.

I'd recommend running through the steps Here letting us know how it goes so we can retest your line.
Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gunster
Dabbler

There is no internal line fault, I've had 6 engineers that have done a line test in the property, I'm so glad my neighbour is hooked up to cabinet 24 & getting 50Mb, I'm on cabinet 11 getting 6Mb on a good day, they moved his line because he made a fuss & got his line moved. PLUSNET HAVE NOT DONE ME PROUD !
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

I'm sorry that you feel that way, @gunster

The information you've been given by my colleague is 100% correct - we have no influence over when or indeed if our suppliers choose to move a line between cabinets.

Please let us know if you'd like to progress with us raising a fault once the troubleshooting is complete and we'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Dave

gunster
Dabbler

Thanks but I've had all this with BT, 6 different engineers have been here & said there is crosstalk on the line because of the distance to the cabinet, my phone line is connected to the cabinet opposite my house but my internet is in another street.
gunster
Dabbler

Yep all the same, it's always been slow