cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

cocococomango

Terrible customer service

Recently rented a property which came with Plus net internet, but it was terribly slow so I wanted to upgrade.

Picked the fibre option and was told to buy a new router which I did and was quoted activation on the 1st of august ( around 10 days time approx).

A week later I called to ask where my router was, after a long time on hold I find out they forgot to send out the router. How does a company forget to send something someone paid for, its insane, but it gets worse.....

So the router arrives by the 2nd / 3rd of august and after installing it lo and behold the speed is still terrible.

So I contact them to ask what the deal is and this time im told "oh sorry there was a problem with the engineer and he wont be able to come to you until the 10th of august". Im incredibly baffled by this , why was this not communicated to me ? Why should I have to once again call them to be told this, how is this even close to good customer service ?

So today is the 10th of August and out of interest I thought I would message on their online chat just to try and get an estimate when it would be activated. " normally by midnight, but I will check for you" said Francesca. I was glad she did, because the *######ing engineer call out was cancelled...CANCELLED ! She informed me the problem was they were not informed by their supplier of the cancellation, otherwise they would have let me know. 

At this point I don't know what to say , I have had to chase this order up every step of the way, the customer service has been abysmal, I have never known a company try so hard to not want a customer. I am currently waiting a call back from Francesca's line manager to see what can be done about this, but was told there's no way it can be activated today. 

All I can say is don't use this company, I wanted to use them out of convenience and regret it now, should have just gone with Virgin, never had a problem with them. 

17 REPLIES 17
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Terrible customer service

Sorry to hear of your poor experience and the lack of communication surrounding your fibre order

It looks like our system failed to place the order with our suppliers.

I can see we've manually placed a new order now, and we've raised a ticket to our provisioning team to monitor this for you.

Whilst I appreciate and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused, the minimum lead time for these type of orders with our suppliers is 5 working days + can be delayed due to engineer availability.

In your case, our suppliers have confirmed to me that your order is committed with Openreach for the 17th August.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

This does not make good reading @Gandalf   its getting a bit regular now too often we see post where the order was missed Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@rongtw wrote:

This does not make good reading @Gandalf   its getting a bit regular now too often we see post where the order was missed Sad

It's on the SU radar @rongtw  but nothing to report back yet Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tracymbuckley
Grafter

Reading the comments from other customers makes me realise what a shambolic outfit PLUSNET  really are , If my NEW installation  order is cocked up again i will cancel and apply to virgin for a service .  I dont think Plusnet care , THEY APPEAR TO BE RUN BY INEXPERIENCED STAFF WHO DONT OWN PROBLEMS and hope we go away .  However this culture always spreads from the top !!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@tracymbuckley

Sorry to hear that and of the delays you're having with your order

We've been advised by our suppliers that there has been an open exception generated which is basically an order related system issue where things become stuck Sad Our provisioning team will review this next week.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tracymbuckley
Grafter

I recall when we moved properties about 7 years ago ew experienced the same hassle , orders lost , orders delayed , no communication e.t.c   its like history repeating itself !!  WHY IS THE PROCESS SO POOR ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT ?Cry

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The reason I joined Plusnet was because sky ballsed up a house move Grin
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Reading the comments from other customers makes me realise what a shambolic outfit PLUSNET  really are

To be fair, people only tend to post negative comments on social media, and forums such as these.  I think Plusnet have over a million customers at this point and as of just checking 48,532 members on these forums.  You do the math.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@notmyname  you are a wee bit incorrect . if you look overall on the forums

BT was voted worst for CS if  i remember correctly PN were number 5 overall in the UK for worst support , despite their awards

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@rongtw  I don't dispute that in the slightest.  What really grinds my gears, is that this can and does happen with other suppliers.  I know this from personal experience.  BTW isn't the easiest thing to integrate into Plusnets CRM system, or Skys offerings.

People shouldn't be directing provisioning cockups towards ISP's in general, when it is BTW at fault 98/100.

cocococomango

@Gandalf What does that even mean ? Review it next week ? and that helps me how exactly ? Im still stuck here with the same [-Censored-] internet, gonna be a month since ordering before it gets activated.

As an update for everyone I did get a call back from a manager who was very apologetic but said she didnt know why the order for an engineer was cancelled but would find out for me and would try to rush me through a new order for an engineer and call me back the following day. Nobody called me the following day, I was assured the order would be monitored, but I still feel like I am going to have to contact them every day to make sure nothing has been cancelled. Have not been told an "official" day to expect it to be installed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@cocococomango wrote:

@Gandalf What does that even mean ? Review it next week ? and that helps me how exactly ? Im still stuck here with the same [-Censored-] internet, gonna be a month since ordering before it gets activated.

That response was for @tracymbuckley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

When I initially upgraded to Fibre (from ADSL2+?) I waited in all day for the Engineer who never came. I had to wait a week for the next available appointment. That says to me that the appointment wasn't booked in the first place and the second was actually the first.

If BTO had failed to turn up to a planned appointment a phone call to them would have seen them there next day surely? waiting a week is because they kept to arrangements surely?

Is this not procedural oversight?

Appointments should be confirmed to customers and BTO, and sent to be tallied internally surely, thus every appointment gets a place on a Radar screen. Seems like overkill until you look and see the pressing need.

cocococomango

Well its officially past midnight on the 17th so were in the 18th and still not had my fibre activated, have to spend more time tomorrow trying to get in touch with them about this absolute farce to find out what excuse they have this time. The online chat wasnt available today so was unable to speak to anyone. @Gandalf can you tell me why my fibre wasnt activated ?? did the engineer get lost ?

How long is going to take to get the contract cancelled? Im gonna go with a different company that doesnt waste my time, and actually wants my custom.