cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Cable Cut

Kate295

Telephone Cable Cut

Hi, on Wednesday, someone unfortunately crashed into the telephone pole outside my house. It caused the cable to fall down, the police arrived and it had to be cut for safety reasons. From then on my phone services and broadband have been down, I have contacted plusnet multiple times about it, sent an engineer out, he said he couldn't replace the cable as the pole was unsafe and they would have to put a new pole in.

I was wondering how long does it usually take them to replace the telephone poll? I have been really stressed for the past few days as my daughter is autistic, she basically relies on the internet and the phone. I have tried calling open reach to see what's happening and they won't speak to me as I'm not a BT customer. I understand things like this take time but I'm just not getting any updates or answers!
9 REPLIES 9
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Telephone Cable Cut

I would assume that the damaged pole has been reported by the engineer to BT and that they'd make it a priority... having said that I do know someone whose line is on a pole that has been condemned and so no-one can climb it and its been condemned for over a year....

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Kate295 wrote:

I have tried calling open reach to see what's happening and they won't speak to me as I'm not a BT customer.

Just to clarify - Openreach will only speak to their customers - ie comms providers and ISPs. Makes no difference whether the end user is with Plusnet, TalkTalk, Sky, or BT Retail etc.

I sympathise with your plight, but any pressure you apply has to be aimed at your provider - Plusnet.

You've made a good start by highlighting the issue on the forum. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

according to

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40912/~/how-can-i-report-damage-to-bt-cables%2C-poles...

To report any of the following:

• damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
  • loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
  • damaged green cabinets or cabinets with open doors
  • damaged telephone poles
  • loose, cracked or missing manhole covers
  • unsafe Openreach worksites

please call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1).

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

I rang Openreach during the week to arrange to move cabling following building work.

As @SteveA says : one of the options is to report damaged or unsafe external equipment.

Kate295

Thank you for all your replies! To my knowledge It has already been reported, I was just wondering on how long it usually takes for it to be done Smiley

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

@SteveA has given you their phone number. Can't do any harm to talk to them....

Kate295

I will, thank you Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Kate295,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing, however I see we have raised this with our suppliers. I'm afraid at the moment we don't have an estimated time for the fault to be resolved however it's certainly something our suppliers are working on.

Once we have any more information from our suppliers, our faults team will keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet