Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor tg589vac cannot connect

FIXED
vordhosbn
Fixes: 1

Technicolor tg589vac cannot connect

Hi there, my old plusnet router was dying so I asked around and found a different one to use, however I'm having some issues getting back online. I don't believe I need the open reach modem with this router however I cannot seem to connect using my plusnet email and password, can anyone help with this please? I would attach screenshots if I could but can't seem to attach from mobile
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Technicolor tg589vac cannot connect

@vordhosbn 

You are correct in that you do not need the OR modem.

Plusnet have never supplied the tg589 so there is no specific guide for it but it should work if configured correctly. Theres a useful guide here https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Technicolor-TG589vac-VDSL-Fibre-Optic-Setup which shows how to configure it on a zen fibre connection.

Follow that but replace the username with youraccountname@plusdsl.net and the password you use to login to the plusnet portal(member centre) as in the article here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vordhosbn

Hey there Mister, thanks for your suggestions - I'd already followed both of those guides to get this far due to not being particularly network savvy.. I've just logged into the plusnet member Centre so I'm sure the info I'm entering is correct and the status indicators for broadband show my current up and down speeds. Only other consideration is that I have changed my password recently..

Routed type is set to PPOE and MTU is set at the default option of 1500 and I'm trying to connect on the VDSL option. Not sure if any of this is helpful just throwing it out there in case I'm missing something obvious
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Have you got the vlan enabled and the Id set to 101 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vordhosbn

Yep, status just says authentication failed whenever I refresh
vordhosbn

Fix
I'd made a slight mistype on my username and was too blind to see what was right in front of me.. Issue now resolved thanks for your help @MisterW
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That does sound like a userid/ passwordcproblem. I can only suggest you double and triple check those

Edit , glad you got it sorted