Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techincolor tg582n portfoward not working - PLEASE HELP

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Techincolor tg582n portfoward not working - PLEASE HELP

Are you using any third party firewall software on your PC ?

I presume your PC is using DHCP to acquire its IP address btw, because static IP don't work when trying to use port forwarding on TG582n.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Anonymous
Not applicable

zZz Are you saying what I think you are?
From my understanding of your post it implies that when the IP address of the PC is fixed (static) the TG582n router is unable to forward packets to it. Is this correct? Surely this statement or my understanding must be wrong!
If this is the case then the easiest fix is to throw that piece of **** in the bin and get a proper router.
valsplants
Dabbler

Avast is the only 3rd party program I could think of that would even begin to intefer. I'll try disabling it and then fowarding, though.
As for  what you said about IP's , my router is using a static IP as far as I know, but I'm almost certain that dosn't affect it? I've had a static IP for years and never had an issue like this.
valsplants
Dabbler

Quote from: zZz
Are you using any third party firewall software on your PC ?

I presume your PC is using DHCP to acquire its IP address btw, because static IP don't work when trying to use port forwarding on TG582n.

I've tried some TPlink router I picked up at curries for 40 pounds, still got the same result, didn't work.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Quote from: Mook

From my understanding of your post it implies that when the IP address of the device is fixed (static) the TG582n router is unable to forward packets to it. Is this correct?

Yes.
If you have manually assigned a static IP address on your device, then what I have said is true.
Only workaround is to let the TG582n use DHCP to assign an IP address to your device.  Using telnet, you can make the TG582n assign the same (static) DHCP IP address to your device.
I don't use the TG582n for this (and other) reasons.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is there to say about that! Its beyond stupid, what a waste of silicon and plastic.
Anonymous
Not applicable

But having said that it does not explain why the TP Link router failed. My router is a TP Link and works as expected. This then leaves you with your Firewall, a mis-configured server that is working in wombat mode or even operator error.
What OS is your server running on? I am assuming Windows, so have you tried turning off the Linux Transport optimisations? Also, you might want to try the following:
Control Panel > Windows Firewall
Select "Allow a program or feature through the Firewall"
Check the list for an entry for minecraft_server.
If it's not there, then create one.
valsplants
Dabbler

I have turned literally evrey firewall I can off
Plusnet firewal is off
Windows firewall off
Router firewall off
This is literally making no sense to me why it;s not working. And yeah, i'm using windows 8.1
Thanks for the ongoing replys guys.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried what I suggested in my last post?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@valsplants have you made any progress on this?