cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techincolor tg582n portfoward not working - PLEASE HELP

valsplants
Dabbler

Techincolor tg582n portfoward not working - PLEASE HELP

My techinoclor tg582n portfoward isn't working.  Not really much ot say, im doing the same method I always do and has always worked but latley it just dosn't work. I assign the port to my pc, i'm trying to foward 25565. I've tried another router and i've tried assigning to another machine. I'm not amazing with networking so i'm not really sure what else there is to do? I've also tried resetting my pc and router, disabling all firewalls etc but it just won't work.
Plusnet, bieng as awful in support as they always are, obviously didn't help, so they told me to come here. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
24 REPLIES 24
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Techincolor tg582n portfoward not working - PLEASE HELP

Have you disabled Plusnet's firewall?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall
valsplants
Dabbler

Thanks for reply.
I set it to "off" just now. Had no effect 😕
adie:quote
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I think you have to disconnect / reconnect for the PN firewall change to take effect.
valsplants
Dabbler

Restarted the router through techicolor gateway - still no effect
adie:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use the tg582n but I assume it has the option to select the protocol, so it has to be asked have you selected the correct one? Or do you need both TCP and UDP? A bit more information as to what you are forwarding and to where might prove useful. By what I mean application and where I mean platform.
valsplants
Dabbler

I use both TCP and UDP
valsplants
Dabbler

I'm trying to foward a Minecraft ( 25565 tcp + udp ) and a garrys mod 25701 server ( tcp and udp also ) onto my PC.
dick:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK then so have you set up port forwarding for both protocols? As noted I don't use this router so both may be the default, but if not then you will need four rules at minimum.
TCP 25565 > LAN
TCP 25701 > LAN
UDP 25565 > LAN
UDP 25701 > LAN
valsplants
Dabbler

I have tried that yes:(
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, fair enough. So what error(s) are the clients getting when they try to connect?
What changes, if any, have you made to the server.properties file?
Can you connect to the server internally?
valsplants
Dabbler

Connection timed out is the error I got both when connecting through MC, and when using portfowrard checkers. I can connect internally and yes I have made a server.properties file. The thing is it's not just these ports, i tried opening random ports and they don't open.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it does sound like a router issue from what you describe, but I know nothing about that model. Did you set a server-ip= value in the properties file? If yes try it without it. Also, your remote clients are using your public IP to connect to you and not your private internal one?
valsplants
Dabbler

Yes , the server.properties is confirgured right, and they are using my public IP. Like I said though, it's not just minecrafgt, i've tried fowrading many manny ports and using multiple  port open checkers , it's not a problem with server files 😕
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the time out error you are getting implies that nothing is listening and since you can connect internally then that kind of points the finger at your router / firewall or port forwarding. I don't believe that the router is that broken otherwise the fora would be full of similar posts.
The only other thing I can suggest is to try another router and see what that gives you.