cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link VR900 wont reconnect after power cut.

karlos103
Grafter

Re: TP Link VR900 wont reconnect after power cut.

By what I have found online,  its an ECI cabinet
shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

ECI 128/256 FTTC cabinet, so the DSLAM is an ECI M41 - Lantiq chipset
That perhaps would explain why its more stable for you?
Im on a Huawei 288 FTTC cabinet so my DSLAM is a Huawei MA5603T - Broadcom chipset, which is why i find it odd its unstable for me since it should be more compatible with the Broadcom chipset in the TP Link router? but then that might not be the root cause, it could be whether your on Fastpath or Interleave with G.INP enabled, i do not know which i am on as my line stats dont say but i have recently found out G.INP is enabled on my line
karlos103
Grafter

No idea with that side of things .
Might be worth sending this info to tp-link to see if helps them find a fix .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: shylok
ECI 128/256 FTTC cabinet, so the DSLAM is an ECI M41 - Lantiq chipset
That perhaps would explain why it's more stable for you?

As mentioned here, I'm on a Huawei cab and I don't suffer from drop outs Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

karlos103
Grafter

Very strange how 2 people using same cabinet but only one having issues.
shylok
Rising Star

There are other variables that come into into play even if we're both using a Huawei 288 cab with the same type of DSLAM (Broadcom chipset), i suspect G.INP is enable on all Huawei cabs? i know it is on mine although i don't think it is on ECI cabs? there could also be a difference with Interleave or Fastpath connection http://www.dslreports.com/faq/2182
i do not know what mine is, perhaps a Plusnet rep could tell me? if im on the same connection as Bob then that would be interesting, also other variables include the quality of the connection (Line Attenuation / SNR Margin / distance, etc) which all play a part.
Currently DLM i suspect is capping my speed due to switching off the router modem one too many times so noise margins have risen last time i checked. Now im back to using the ECI modem & put the TP Link in wifi mode to try & stabilise it. I'll be returning the router back to Box in 2 weeks if i don't receive a firmware fix, their tech support have gone quiet on me.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: shylok
... perhaps a Plusnet rep could tell me?

You have G.INP enabled both down and upstream by the looks of things and you're on a 54/17 profile:
0.128M-54M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-17M Upstream, Retransmission Low

I have a lower level of G.INP protection on my downstream, but I'm fastpath/uninterleaved on the up. I'm also on the max profile:
0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I thought OR had disabled G.Inp on everybody's upstream?
I am on a Huawei cab with an HG612 modem, and used to have G.Inp enabled on both US and DS. Now only on DS.
Do we know why some people have it on US and others don't? (I am talking about people on Huawei cabinets and with compatible modems)
Thanks.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/ginp-retransmission.htm
Upstream
Initially, fast mode is applied by default on all lines. 90% of lines stay in this mode and never move. If the line is experiencing trouble in the upstream then DLM will enable retransmission at the low level.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shylok
Rising Star

So im on Interleave & DLM has put my Retransmission on Hiigh (Down) & Low (Up)?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I suspect retransmission is instead of interleaving.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for all replies. I think I understand now. My Upstream interleave depth is 1, which I assume is fastpath? That being the case, G.Inp is not required?
Presumably if there were enough errors on my upstream, I would come off fast path, and G.Inp would become active?
karlos103
Grafter

Well onto 4th day with new firmware , only the usual one disconnect on the night i installed it ( well 2am the next morning ) ...which seems to happen every time i do an update ....no idea why it does that.
Be connected since without any issues.... still have pkt errors so thats not changed lol
karlos103
Grafter

Had a disconnect on the 20th at 05.41 till 05.42 and one on the 21st at 06.45 till 06.46