cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link TD W9980 Modem/Router

fulstoneflyer

TP Link TD W9980 Modem/Router

Can anyone please help. I have purchased a TP Link TD W9980 Modem/Router to use with Plusnet Fibre but cannot get it to connect to the internet. The DSL connection is stable but it will not connect to the internet. It tells me to check the WAN settings but I haven't a clue what this means. I have contacted TP Link Customer Service and they were useless!!!. I bought it from Amazon and one of the reviews said to check the VLAN ID at 101. I cannot find how to do this.
Any help would be most helpful. I have gone back to the BT Modem and Plusnet router and everything is OK
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: TP Link TD W9980 Modem/Router

Does this link help, or this one (linked from the first one)?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

1st what version of the firmware are you on, the latest release (dec 14) included Plusnet in the setup option.
Run the quick setup
Choose xDSL modem router option
Choose VDSL_Plusnet in the ISP List
enter your broadband username@plusdsl.net
enter you password (*2)
That should be it.
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Firmware updates for the TD W9980 can be found here:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W9980.html#Firmware
141215 is the current latest release available to the general public.
I would also read the user guide section on updating the firmware first ( also on the same link )