cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-LINK TD-W9970 Compatability with Plusnet

mrick
Dabbler

TP-LINK TD-W9970 Compatability with Plusnet

I have just bought, from that well-known online market, a new (allegedly) W9970 (Version 1).

The "Quick Installation" was anything but, and, at the end of the day, I could not connect to Plusnet.

All manner of ISPs were shown on the set-up list (including a "Helicopter"!), but NOT Plusnet.

I am wondering whether this is a question of compatibility, or if it was something I did (or didn't do).

Any advice gratefully received.

8 REPLIES 8
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: TP-LINK TD-W9970 Compatability with Plusnet

Do you have the full manual?

If not you can download it here: https://setuprouter.com/router/tp-link/td-w9970/manual-2212.pdf

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mrick
Dabbler

No I don't...!

Thanks very much.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Did it have any UK ISP's listed like BT, EE, talk Talk etc? does it have a UK choice in the country to be used?

Setup guide here: https://wiki.kitz.co.uk/index.php/TD-W9980_QuickSetup

You might be able to perform a factory reset and see if that restores anything.

Hard reset/By pressing the RESET button
With the Router powered on, directly press and hold the reset button on the rear panel with a pin for approximately 6 to 10 seconds, Release the reset button and wait for the device to reboot automatically to its factory default settings.

orby
Rising Star

Setup guide here:

https://wiki.kitz.co.uk/index.php/TD-W9980_QuickSetup

Perform a factory reset and start again, make sure you choose UK , perhaps it thinks it's being used in another country.

With the Router powered on, directly press and hold the reset button on the rear panel with a pin for approximately 6 to 10 seconds, Release the reset button and wait for the device to reboot automatically to its factory default settings.
orby
Rising Star

Perform a hard reset, go back through setup and make sure you select UK , perhaps the modem thinks it's being used in another country.

Google search "kitz w9980 setup guide" and click on the "TD W9990 quick setup" from Kitz (I can't post a link as it marks my post as spam and deletes it!!)

orby
Rising Star

mrick
Dabbler

Thanks.

I'll give that a go.

The only reason I bought the TP was because I read that it was better than the Plusnet router, but that's probably the subject of another Post...!

orby
Rising Star

Sorry about all the duplicate posts, apparently the site's spam filter kept deleting my posts, let them brew for a day then just released them all together.....I can't delete them either.