Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n web access fail

Eserim
Rising Star

TG582n web access fail

Hi
I have a FTTC connection with the wonderful TG582n wireless router.  However I can no longer get web access to it.  When I restart it I get access for a while then it stops - I cannot Telnet to it either.
Is this router broken or is there something I can do?
Eserim
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TG582n web access fail

Hi there,
It sounds like there might be an issue.
Give a <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#factoryReset">factory reset</a> a try please and let drop us a reply if that doesn't clear the issue for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Eserim
Rising Star

OK - but not now - I'll have to make sure I backup all the settings - I noticed this when I tried (and failed) to set the DNS to OpenDNS via the interface.
dick:quote
Eserim
Rising Star

That fixed it for a few weeks - but now back to lasting hours before no response. Ticket raised - 98567328
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'll update your ticket with something to try.
Let me know if you still have issues after it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Eserim
Rising Star

Doh! I accidentally closed the call  #98567328 - I have added new info - a total failure, then as of late last night a failure to serve pages/images from certain sites.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Matt updated your original ticket with some details. We've got your new ticket and we we'll reference the original when replying.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Eserim
Rising Star

Ta - I'll be checking when I get home to see how things are - I'llneed to do another router reset to get into the web pages to make that change suggested.  The issue of certain images/pages timing out started around 8-9 last night - I know that as I was using the ebay app and all of a sudden images stopped showing.  This morning when checking the same images from the web site I could intercept the Chrome errors
Phaeton
Rising Star

I seem to randomly suffer from this & have done for a long long time, despite being promised a replacement router which never turned up, it will suddenly stop allowing access to webpages as though it has DNS issues. You can still ping sites & if you know the IP you can access that way just not with DNS switching off/on restores everything.
Eserim
Rising Star

Mine isn't quite the same.  It was initially failing to show the web interface.
Then yesterday I was getting timeouts on selected sites (eBay images, MSN, Some Plus Net Code)
And now, when I re-loaded my saved setting that point to the OpenDNS servers it fails to even connect to them.
TBH - if Plus Net just gave 2 months free connection and told us to buy our own it would be much better.
Phaeton
Rising Star

I agree, but that then opens a myriad of options as to what to buy, I have considered going down this route on many occasions, but always chickened out in case I bought something worse.