cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n rebooting every 6 hours (to the minute)

RPK

TG582n rebooting every 6 hours (to the minute)

Our FTTC service has been running perfectly since installation (20 months); zero problems. Since April 2nd, the PlusNet supplied TG582n (8.C.M.0) router has been rebooting every 6 hours (to the minute - 09:58; 15:58; 21:58 etc.). We have made no changes; nothing new installed in the house, we live in a housing estate with no industrial machinery near by, no mobile masts nearby, cabling all underground. OpenReach modem continues to run normally. After the reboot (2 minutes ?) services continues to run normally for another 6 hours. Router is on a high quality UPS, so no power fluctuations. Both I (experienced IT guy) and PlusNet support struggling. Cannot see how it can be anything OpenReach/PlusNet related, but also cannot understand the exact 6 hours if it is router related.
Anyone else ever experienced anything similar?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: TG582n rebooting every 6 hours (to the minute)

The router renews it's lease from Plusnet every 6 hours, that may have something to do with it but I don't know what.
Does the routers log show if this coincides  with the reboot?
If it was my router I would do a factory reset (using the pin hole at the back).
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I think there is also a new version of firmware for that router (10.2.5.2.FO). You could try upgrading to that although I do agree that it is probably not the cause of the issue.
It might not hurt to be running the latest firmware at least.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I never found any advantage with the R10 firmware for fibre.
The main disadvantage is the GUI is much slower.