cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n frequent disconnections

DebbieLawson196

TG582n frequent disconnections

Every night between 18:00 and 21:00 we're getting a sequence of disconnections, reconnection (new IP addr) and about two minutes loss of service.
During the day the service is rock solid, doesn't glitch and runs at 25Mbps/5Mbps with no problems.
I activated external logging to my Raspberry Pi so I could get the router's debug log in a usable form.
The whole log (from Wednesday 3rd) is available at: http://paste.debian.net/204222/
The most interesting event is:
Jun  3 22:22:04 10.1.1.138 time="2015-06-03 22:22:04" msg="[ANTI_SPOOFD] (err) llist_getobject_at for ENV.ANTI_SPOOFD's value failed#012"
which seems to occur just before the router warm reboots and disconnects.
The only odd things with my network is that the router is at 10.1.1.138 (because my old router before we moved to PlusNet was at 10.1.1.1  and I didn't want to renumber/update every device .138 got assigned at random because of a typing error, but it worked so it stuck). The other odd thing is that I've added a Hurricane Electric 6in4 tunnel following the well documented instructions at: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106578.0.html/
We've got about 17 to 19 devices that are normally active.  Of those seven are wired, the rest are WiFi.
Has anyone else seen frequent unexpected disconnections?
PlusNet tech support have checked the line and they think it's OK.
We've not ruled out BT Openreach getting an equipment failure at the cabinet or the exchange. The cabinet should be OK it was completely rebuilt last summer as part of getting FTTC running. Our last 800 metres from the cab is on aluminium cable (house was built in early 1970s) which isn't good.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: TG582n frequent disconnections

It seems to have stopped in the last couple of days.

Our testing has highlighted a bridge tap which could be a cause.
If it pops up again it may be worth raising a fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DebbieLawson196

Thanks for taking a look. It's been stable for a couple of days we'll see how it goes. Cheesy Cheesy
DebbieLawson196

It's just gone down again. So whatever fault is out there isn't fixed.
It's probably the aluminium cables from the BT cab to the BT manhole in front of our house again.