cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n Wireless problems - "Wireless Station [MAC] can't get authorized"

scissorkicks

TG582n Wireless problems - "Wireless Station [MAC] can't get authorized"

Hi folks - new here, so apologies if I'm breaking any rules.  I've had a search to see if anyone has had this specific problem recently, but no joy.
I've had fibre for a couple of months, and the wired performance is absolutely great.  I'm in a second floor flat and I'm getting 60-65 down and 15-20 up.  However, I've had intermittent wireless problems since the start and now they seem to have got really bad.  I had to switch my main computer to wired (with a 45m Ethernet cable!) as it was dropping the wireless connection so much.  I've got a laptop which connects, but is extremely shaky in terms of speed most of the time, and like the main machine drops the connection a lot.
However I've now got a new phone (Honor 6+) and even when it's connected and showing full bars, it can barely transfer any data at all.  It works fine on other wireless networks, so it's definitely not a hardware problem with the phone.
I've tried tweaking config as much as I'm capable of - today I did a factory reset on the router, and the problem persists.
Looking at the logs, the problem seems to be this one :
Jun 3 00:40:25 LOGIN wireless station [xx] can't get authorized.

Info Jun 3 00:31:30 LOGIN wireless station [xx] can't get authorized.

Info Jun 3 00:30:25 LOGIN wireless station [xx can't get authorized.

Info Jun 3 00:23:43 LOGIN wireless station [xx] can't get authorized.

Info Jun 3 00:18:45 LOGIN wireless station [xx] can't get authorized.

Info Jun 3 00:06:40 SNTP Synchronised again to server: 212.159.13.49

Info Jun 2 23:47:28 LOGIN wireless station [xx] can't get authorized.
Is it worth talking to Plusnet about trying a new router?  Or am I just going to get the same problem?  
Many many thanks in advance for any advice
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: TG582n Wireless problems - "Wireless Station [MAC] can't get authorized"

I'll get one of our newer routers sent out to you.
It should be with you in the next 3 to 5 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
scissorkicks

Thanks Matthew - just got the text confirmation.  I'll let you know how I get on with it.  Cheers!
dick:quote
triplekid
Dabbler

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I am having issues with my Technicolor TG582n FTTC router carrying out random warm restarts and dropping off wireless clients withthe same event log entry as you. Did the new router sort the issue? I've logged a call with support who advised they can see errors with the broadband but I suspect my router has had its day Sad