cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n FTTC Router Problem?

sparkz

TG582n FTTC Router Problem?

I'm using a Technicolor TG582n FTTC router (software version 10.2.5.2) and recently lost my internet connection. I've had this before but not like this.
Trying to login onto the router I sometimes got a "500 Internal Server Error" or invalid password. If I did manage to get in, it wasn't long before I got the server error again or it just logged me off. For over an hour it failed to get an internet connection (no light). Power cycling didn't make any difference. The broadband, ethernet lights were showing as ok.
It's running alright now but I'm wondering if my router is faulty. Any ideas anyone?
8 REPLIES 8
JamesMichell
Dabbler

Re: TG582n FTTC Router Problem?

Buy the same router cheap on eBay and set it up the same as your current one. Then if you start having problems again, you can simply swap the boxes.
sparkz

Thanks James. I'm thinking I might have to. It happened again - same as before! Support weren't much help and effectively said the same thing.
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

I was just about to put a brand new boxed TG582n FTTC router on eBay for £15 all-in - let me know if you want it and I'll pop it in the post first thing Monday morning.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@MJN, Have you made sure it's deregistered from your PlusNet account ? otherwise if someone connects it up on another PlusNet connection, auto config will pick up your username.
I think you can do it from the Member centre but not sure...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MJN
Pro

I did wonder about that. Will have a look in the member centre now... Thanks.
Edit: I couldn't find it in the Member Centre so have raised a separate post as I don't want to hijack Sparkz' thread, particularly if they don't need/want my router!
sparkz

Quote from: MJN
I did wonder about that. Will have a look in the member centre now... Thanks.

Thanks @MJN.  Smiley Sent you a PM.
MJN
Pro

Thanks Sparkz. That does us both favour... of course now mine will pack in and I'll be looking for a replacement myself! Wink
SteadVex
Grafter

for what its worth not using that router solved a lot of connectivity problems for me
in work we bought a cheap tp-link one from argos for £14.99 solved a host of problems, and as a plus it has guest wireless support and a usb port that allows a backup 3g modem, if needed