cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TBB points out Plusnet peak time speed differences.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: TBB points out Plusnet peak time speed differences.

Quote from: g1000
Yes, looks like they have just taken all the speed tests done in the evening and averaged them, and all the speed tests in the day and averaged them!
So these are different, uncontrolled groups doing the tests and being compared, no wonder the results appear essentially random. Totally meaningless.
No, it still has meaning. How come it's only PN data showing anomalous behaviour?
That was why I created this thread. It wasn't to try and suggest there was nothing wrong with PN's network nor even to discuss the infamous single threading issue. The other ISP that stands out is VM and I think all of us that keep eye on these things would say that evening drop is entirely unsurprising. So to my mind we're left with a puzzle. Why are the results for PN so out of whack with what we'd expect?
Either the data is correct and PN's network (or its users based on your quote above) exhibits weird performance behaviour.
Or else TBB has deliberately massaged the data to make PN look weird.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Here are my Samknows hour of day Upload and Download Multithread speed tests since march this year.
@AndyH Whats yours like, you have more data than me ? I know my line has been pretty fair and free of the Evening slowdowns that people have been seeing.
I didn´t expect these results.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: Andrue
How come it's only PN data showing anomalous behaviour?

It's not. Eg For Plusnet's last 12 months of results, 6 are higher in the evening. For EE, 5 are higher in the evening
Why are the results for PN so out of whack with what we'd expect? Either the data is correct and PN's network (or its users based on your quote above) exhibits weird performance behaviour. Or else TBB has deliberately massaged the data to make PN look weird.

I don't see anything so out of whack with what we'd expect, or anything unusual about Plusnet users or its network, or anything incorrect about the data. If you don't control the groups (i.e. you are not comparing the same lines in the day with the same lines in the evening), then sometimes the evening results may well average higher. When mean download was faster in evenings so was mean upload suggesting this is indeed the cause.