Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching Of BT and Plusnet Speed Profiles

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Synching Of BT and Plusnet Speed Profiles

Just wondered how often these 2 synch? Only I noticed my VDSL d/s synch increased this morning but I'm guessing my d/s throughput hasn't changed as yesterday's d/s synch rate is still showing on PlusNet's end?
2 REPLIES 2
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Synching Of BT and Plusnet Speed Profiles

In my experience it wasn't that often, the BTW IP profile usually will update if your sync rate changes straight away, But the Plusnet IP profile often would lag, i left it once following a negative DLM intervention for  2weeks , by which time DLM had intervened again restoring the full sync rate, and BT  IP profile back to the usual 77.44 Plusnet's IP didn't change,  But several other instances  i had to ring plusnet and ask them to manually configure their IP profile in order to get better max throughput performance , As i didn't like the idea of my connection being artificially capped because of lower IP profile  that had failed to update, or update correctly
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Synching Of BT and Plusnet Speed Profiles

Looking this morning my Plusnet IP profile was what my BT IP profile was yesterday but I needed to drop/reconnect my PPP session to pick up the extra d/s throughput.
Also my d/s synch has risen right back up to 77.44 today and so I assume that will make it's way to PlusNet's system tomorrow.
I guess I was unaware of this stuff happening when I had a locked down Openreach modem.