Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed

chasdrury
Hooked

Sync speed

Hi

we got connected in a new build on 3rd August, initially we were seeing a sync speed of about 40Mbps. Minimum guaranteed is 34 I think.

The developers of the house found a problem with the internal cabling, so I had them remove all extensions so now we only have the master socket. That was Friday. I chatted to support yesterday about resetting the line speed to make it relearn, but it's still 30Mbps sync speed.

We've also had a few power cuts on the road as they've been connected new houses up - so I think all of it has contributed. However, since support said yesterday they could reset it to relearn, it hasn't changed.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Sync speed

Hi and welcome to the forums, Whoever you talked to at support was not correct a line cannot be reset manually by a ISP either a openreach enginner can do it but only after a fault has been fixed or Plusnet can put in a request with BTW for a reset but only if the line is banded by DLM.

seeing as you mentioned a few power cuts DLM could have bannded the line I would request a GEA test and see if the line is banded or not and go from there, hopefully one of the forum staff will see this and do the test for you. 

chasdrury
Hooked

OK thanks for the info. I read that ISP could now do 1000 DLM resets per day?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

It's a trial and even then a ISP can't do the reset themeslves they have to request it from BTW who do the resest and even then only if DLM has banded the line.

chasdrury
Hooked

Ah, ok thanks

Hopefully a PN’er picks this up and can do a GEA test for me!
chasdrury
Hooked

@RandallFlagg @EmilyD - i saw you are active on the forums this morning - if possible could you run a GEA test for me please? Just to see what's going on with my line.. I asked tech support for  a reset on Saurday - ntohing changed but now, in the last hour i've jumped upto 43Mbps downstream sync! 🙂

Cheers!

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi There, 

I have raised a ticket on your account with the GEA test results. You can find a link to the ticket here. If you need anything further, please let us know. - Lee.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
chasdrury
Hooked

Thanks Lee

I guess now i need to wait for the line to be stable for some time to see the speed we'll get to in the end?

Cheers

chasdrury
Hooked

Up to 48mbps now!
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @chasdrury

I am glad that your speeds have increased and are well within the estimates of your line between 38Mbps and 54Mbps

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions moving forward.