Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed much lower than router expected since upgrade

FIXED
Dahnak
Dabbler

Sync speed much lower than router expected since upgrade

Hi,

Just over a week ago our internet was upgraded from 40/10 to 80/20 and the router in syncing at ~55Mb. As seen from the router stats page below the router estimates that we can sync at ~65Mb, are plusnet able to do some magic and get the router to sync at a higher rate. I rebooted the router this morning to see if it would sync at the higher rate but no luck

router sync - 2019-10-26.png

any help/suggestions appreciated, if plusnet needs to disconnect the router for it to sync at the higher speed, please go ahead and do this.

Thanks

Darren

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Sync speed much lower than router expected since upgrade

Fix

@Dahnak 

Your Noise Margin is still at 6 dB. This is where it will have been set when your service was upgraded. If your line will support a higher speed without too many errors then the noise margin should reduce and your speed improve, but you must give it a few weeks. The most important thing is for you NOT to reboot the router as this can be interpreted by the DLM as a line drop and the noise margin may remain where it is.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dahnak
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 Thank you for explanation, you have filled in the blanks of my knowledge.  I will wait and let the system do it's thing Smiley

Darren

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @Dahnak

I've tested your line and I can't see any cause for this.

Your current profile is "Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection" so there are no restrictions at this moment in time. In addition, going down to a 3db target may not make a massive improvement to your speeds.

Have you tried connecting to the test socket as explained here to see if that gives an increase?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Dahnak
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 @MatthewWheeler sorry for the delay getting back, I took @Baldrick1 advice and left the router alone, the system had changed my noise level to 6db and i have received a big speed increase Smiley

Router sync - 2019-11-13.PNG

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fantastic @Dahnak,

Let us know if anything changes please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team